Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced for the first time this sunday. It was a 1/8th mile bracket race at a airport. It was a very cool day out which was nice. I have a 05 ZX-6R with only a k&n and a worn out stock tire and stock suspension settings. I got to make 7 runs and all my runs were fairly consistent. My fastest ET was 7.489 at 91.83 MPH. My fastest MPH was 100.22. All my reactions were under .750 with most of them in the .6's. My best 60ft was 1.839. I ended up getting 4th out of 17, got beat by some drag bikes. I thought it was pretty good for my first time. My biggest problem was the front end comming up toward the end of 1st gear, any advice. I was launching at about 6k and that was working pretty well. I had a blast and learned a lot. I cant wait until I race again.

[attached]

·
Registered
334 Posts
You can probably take care of that problem by lowering the bike or just the front using some straps, You can find some on ebay that you can bolt on to the end of your forks that work well. not sure if you are doing this already but try to lean your body as far forward as you can. here is a link for those straps I mentioned.

http://www.rocketsportbike.com/lowering_straps.htm

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
where the hell is the wall?!? looks like that track would have grass and dirt all over it. your launch looks good, you need to strap it next time, i got 2/10 of second from mine. you can get them from schnitzracing.com too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
no offense but aren't motorcycles meant to be leaned over? :D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
thats why god made people mechanically inclined, give me an hour and some tools, ill be ready to put her throught some leans right behind ya RadPajita...

·
Registered
282 Posts
that's the spirit[:M88]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The race is at an airport strip and it is only used to race once maybe twice a year so their is no wall.

I was putting my bodywork forward but I didnt have the front end strapped. I think I am going to get some this winter, I need to get the brackets for radial mounted brakes so which brackets would you recommend.

I want to go to a road track sometime the closest one to me is Brainerd and its about 450 miles away. So its just more feasible for me to hit some local drag races for now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.