Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gotten approved for my first bike loan and I am ready to go out and buy my 250. There is a dealer here that has a brand new 2010 Blue 250 that he says I can get for about 5300 total out the door. Does that sound like a normal or fair price?

I've been told that they can pretty much charge me anything they want for the freight, set up, and documentation fees but since I've never bought a bike before I have no clue what too much is. I know they have to charge me for those things to make a reasonable profit on the bikes but I just don't want to be taken advantage of too much.

I called a few other dealers in the Sacramento area and they are all about 200-400 more expensive for the same bike. Thanks in advance for the advice and help.

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Sounds like a pretty bad price considering MSRP is in the low $4000 range IIRC.

I've never bought new so I don't know how much those extra fees are.

Honestly, you're better off buying private party 250 if you can. They'll be cheaper and the 250s are bulletproof (at least the old style ones were, can't speak for the new ones but I imagine they are as well). You just need to do basic checks and even if the 250 was abused, it should be fine. You pretty much need to be trying to destroy the 250 to do any real damage.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't find many used 250's in my area and the ones I did find and look at weren't very convincing for me. I decided to just buy a new one so I can be sure that there isn't anything wrong with it and I can appreciate it a bit more myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts