Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess it had to happen sooner or later, it's not too bad though, just a bunch of scratches, mostly on side fairings and just behind right headlamp. Plastic didn't crack anywhere though... any suggestions on a way to kinda fill in the scratches and re-paint?
And for anyone who's curious since we always asked how... tried to stop on some gravel... stupid stupid stupid[B)]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
You can't really fill in the scratches, only possibly haev an auto shop buff it out, or just sand it down and repaint it. Just use finer and finer grains of sandpaper, until it's nearly or just as smooth as the rest of the plastic, then prime it and repaint it.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
It's OK man...live and learn.
Yeah try to buff it out, not sure. WAX it all the time and it should just fill'em in :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I finally got around to sanding down the scratches. It worked pretty well, but now I need to find a good primer and the right color paint. I have a silver '03 636. Anyone have a suggestion? Also, I've heard that there are some paints and primers that don't work well together, especially on plastic. Is that something I need to look into?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, do I need a primer first though? or can I just put the silver straight on the plastic and clear coat it. And is your pic of the purple bike an 04, or computerized or what? Either way it's extremely sexy.

·
Registered
239 Posts
for my bike, i just sanded it a little and then applied the touch up paint directly to the scratches. it turned out pretty good. i'm not sure how bad your scratches are, but mine weren't too bad and the touch up paint alone was enough to conceal them.

the bike in my sig is a photoshop of the 10r in chrome purple. thanks!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.