Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did my first trackday on the 05 zx6r last Monday and had a blast. There were not many people there so it was an open track day! At first the bike frustrated me as it didn't seem to turn as well as my old cbr 600rr. My time's were slow at first--> 1:41's, turns out it was me being rusty, year away from track, etc...

After two sessions I started to pick it up and then all of a sudden gave it gas and it didn't go. Turned out to be the throttle screws were loose. Tightened them and on my way. The motor was amazing! Slipper clutch too! Got faster and faster, unfortunately someone left and took there timer beacon with them, so no track times. I'm sure I was getting under .35's, just not sure how much. I'm hoping at least .32's, as I usually run a slow to medium intermediate pace.

I accidently hit my shift lever down with my boot as I was trying to upshift and instantly pulled in the clutch so not to let the rpm's go to high. I think it went in to neutral. It did however, stall, some how. I'm not really sure why this happened?!?!?!

The tranny was beutiful at the track, no missed gears at all and smoothe as well. I was sure to be deliberate with my shifts though.

All in all great day and the bike was GREAT! Bike performed excellent and I got to meet a Kawiforum member (apchasse) as well.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yah man, nice to meet you too...

Wish I wouldnt have eaten pavement, but oh well. For wrecking at probobly 120mph and right now the main thing that hurts on me is my toe from stubbing it on the wall yesterday, isnt bad at all. Brused my elbow, but its all good...

I really suggest to everyone... frame sliders, aftermarket clipons, rearsets, and swing arm sliders.... get them! Those are the only parts I have to replace after loosing the rear at about 120mph. Probobly between $100-$120 total to fix it.... Oh and I have to get a case cover, but thats not a big deal. Bodywork barely has a scratch on it....

56cbr600rr, did you ever get your front end feeling better?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi ex-CBR600rr,
I was there as well, on the other end from Apchasse, pitted in front of the registration tower. I was the one that took a first-timer out for his orientation before opening the track.

Was it hot enough for ya? Felt like I was gonna melt!

Anyway, just another fun, uneventful day for me...but then again I wasn't asphalt surfing like someone we know:D

Glad you like your new ZX-6R and had a great day. I'll be back again next weekend. Post up when you go again.
Seeya there!

·
Registered
414 Posts
I did Jennings in January. Had to escape the snow. Great track out in the middle of nowhere! I almost blew a shift coming onto the front straight while leaned way over. It would have been a huge mistake since I have no slipper.

Apchasse,
What turn did you lose the ass in?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Anyway, just another fun, uneventful day for me...but then again I wasn't asphalt surfing like someone we know:D
I was just trying to REALLY get to know the track. Figured nothing would be better than a really CLOSE look....;)

Apchasse,
What turn did you lose the ass in?
Turn 12[:M92]

I think I have bad luck though... Went out pit bike racing last night and ended up eating dirt after a huge jump... nose planted and nearly knocked myself out.... I think motorsports is bad for my health.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.