Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night leaving my parents house to go to my apartment at 12.40 it finally happened, i got pulled over.
I was cruising on madison st at 70 in a 45, thought my friend went the other way to the apartment on his bike trying to beat me, so my dumbass went 70.
I drove by a bar where two cops in their own cars were standing and talking before getting in their cars. It was a stare down- as soon as i saw them i thought 'oh fuck, this won't be fun' and they got in their cars so i got on it down and up a hill- speedo indicated 140+ and at the top of the hill is a light that i rolled through at 70 and then i saw two more red lights.
I tried going down the by-pass but a semi got in the way so for some reason i pulled into the kmart lot and went through there and as i tried to pull out, i got blocked in.
He kept making threats about how i was going well over 25 and he could take me to jail for wreckless driving, and also my bike is currently naked with my headlight strapped on to the forks and said it was an unsafe vehicle.
he let me go with 65 in a 45 and warned me the next time he pulls me over i' get a free trip to jail.

·
Registered
810 Posts
running away from the cops would probably do that bro. Next time just slow the fuck down and cross your anus for luck

·
Banned
495 Posts
i did it......ran from 7 cops haha on Long Island.............piece of cake they give up quickly...........not gunna lie not the smartest thing but hey they would of clocked me at 140 in a 30 soooo i said PEACE

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahah- yeah, i should of kept going
it took them a good couple minutes to come to where i was at but i'm in the military now and not to sure how going to jail will affect things. maybe next time though.
anyone know how court works out?
ticket is 135$ or go to court and pay 70 for court cost and see what the judge says
if he makes me pay the ticket, do i pay 135 on top of the 70 or just 65

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
if you run from the cops, does that make you a coward? cuz that's pretty much what i think of you (no offense, just tired of people not taking responsibility for their actions)

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by goldenboy
hahah- yeah, i should of kept going
it took them a good couple minutes to come to where i was at but i'm in the military now and not to sure how going to jail will affect things. maybe next time though.
anyone know how court works out?
ticket is 135$ or go to court and pay 70 for court cost and see what the judge says
if he makes me pay the ticket, do i pay 135 on top of the 70 or just 65
who cares about civilian court? if the military ever found out, you would get your ass handed to you.

thats why i dont run from cops. i speed all the fucking time but if i were to run from the cops and somehow get caught....my military career would be over.

it aint worth it bro. a ticket or a court-martial? exactly...

·
Registered
96 Posts
if your in the military you should show them your id and they will let you go. another thing is if your doing 140 and thinking about stoping for 2 cops who got into there 4000 pound car pushing 200 hp 5 seconds ago 1/2 a mile away.keep going!!!!!!!!!!if you dont want to pull over away from them get off your bike shut it off and walk away. they cant wite your bike a ticket for going fast. 1st month i got my car i was doing 135 coming back from the hamptons. i looked back and i saw lights and i gunned it more. if you get an a hole cop they will look for any reason to get you in trouble. and like i said by the time they get there ass moving fast enough to catch you while your riding anything above 80 miles an hour. your long gone. be carful if you dont want to get pulled over obey rules. but if your losing the game . just chnage the rules !!! [}:)]

·
Registered
871 Posts
In the 14 months I've had my 636 I've been lit up by the Police 3 times for speeding, 100+. I pull over asap and 2 of the 3 times I was let go. Running is not worth the various possible negative outcomes. The risks aren't worth it especially over $135. And, you might not even get a ticket. :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah I agree that its crazy to run. Hell i got pulled over last night, literally right in front of my house after a cop pulls out behind me about 3 blocks away from home. said he coulda gave me a ticket for 60 in a 35 but he let it slide. I've been let go a lot more than i have been ticketed. go ahead and pull over, and if you got your stuff together you'll get off more times than not.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wow. You ran for 70 in a 45? You're so freakin lucky you didn't go to jail. I got pulled over for 75 in a 45 a couple weeks ago. I politely accepted my ass chewing, said "Thank you sir may I have another!" and was let off with a warning. Too much to lose. I've got a couple friends that have been pulled over doing 100 in a 50, 105 in a 60 etc and nobody has gotten a ticket yet... One of them said for sure he got off because the cop saw his military id when he pulled out his info.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Originally posted by irokdastar383
if your in the military you should show them your id and they will let you go. another thing is if your doing 140 and thinking about stoping for 2 cops who got into there 4000 pound car pushing 200 hp 5 seconds ago 1/2 a mile away.keep going!!!!!!!!!!if you dont want to pull over away from them get off your bike shut it off and walk away. they cant wite your bike a ticket for going fast.[}:)]
First off showing a military ID won't do anything for you in 99.9% of the cases. The police could care less. You were breaking the law. Most of the time if you have all current paperwork and you have no points on your license and no record you will get off with a warning or at least drop the charge down to something small like a non-moving violoation.

Second, i'm not sure what kind of police cars you are talking about, but normal police cars are much more then 200hp. The sherrifs around me also just started to purchase 2006 mustang gt's as cruisers. That's to add onto the cameros they already have on the highway. They are unmarked except for it saying "sherrif" on the side. They are over 300hp stock!!! I think they are close to 400hp after the performance packages they add on.

Third, if you get off your bike and walk away they will just come looking for you. YOU RAN FROM THE COPS. They will impound your bike and track you down through the registration and license plate. Then you will go to jail. Not smart buddy. If you are going to run, pray to God they don't catch up to you or cut you off.

Don't ever run from a cop on a long straight road... they will catch up to you... Yes there are times when you can run and get away, but think about the benefits and compare them to the chances of you crashing... just downshift and pray they don't pull out! Best advice... whatever you do, do NOT brake after you pass a cop. It's the worst thing you could do. Get a radar detector for your bike.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Pull over, run from the cops...hmmm just one more thought on it...oh Military or not. Well try this, yes sometimes being Military will get you off (has worked for me) as for running....lets see, get an ass chewing and a warning or even a ticket or run and maybe, just MAYBE not ever have to worry about riding another bike again cause your dead or in a wheelchair. Not sure about others but everytime I get on my bike I think "I have a family, wife and daughter, people who would love to see me come home tonight" Oh I play around, but I don't even think twice when I see a cop. PULL OVER, it is the smartest and maybe the safest thing you can do. Oh and if your military.....you die running from the cops and you can kiss that life insurance GOODBYE, they won't pay a cent to your family.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was on a long back road free of traffic so I gave it a quick blast up to 100mph or so and as I was slowing down, I saw a crusier sitting in the bushes. He lit his lights up as I was passing, so I knew he got me. He was taking forever to pull out and give chase, but I still slowed down and pulled over.

The cop said he clocked me at 74 in a 45. He took my paperwork and went to his car. Came back about 5 minutes later and told me he was letting me go just for pulling over and not running! He gave me a quick lecture about the dangers of speed and stuff, told me to have a nice day, shook my hand and that was that!

So, IMO it isn't really worth it to run, unless you were doing like 140mph or something like that. But, you really shouldn't be doing that on public roads in the first place.

Be safe!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey bro, I am a police officer. I can't speak for all of us, but if you pull over quickly and are polite, you're chances of getting off are a lot better than getting a ticket. We know you can easily out run most of our cars, so when you pull over quickly, we respect that. Even if you park the bike and walk away, we will not only impound your bike, but it will also be siezed and sold at auction (Texas law, same for cars). Of course we will print the bike and run the registration. Eventually it'll catch up to you. I don't write bikes tickets because I ride crazy too, but I will occasionally pull over a squid for doing something stupid in front of me and let him go if the bike is not stolen and he doesn't have warrants. Please bro, pull over! Your life and career are nothing to risk. I am prior military and I can tell you they will can your ars. Just do all leo's a favor..pull over so we don't have to pick your brains a outta the asphalt.

P.S. The mility thing can go both ways. I know there's a lot of sh1t heads in the military. If you got a good record and are in the military, then it counts. If you're a sh1t head, you're just a sh1t head, and we could care less what service you're in.

·
Registered
156 Posts
My father always tells me....

"YOU CAN'T OUT RUN THAT RADIO!!!!"

...you may outrun the car...but that radio will catch you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
dude-i'd like to see you impound my bike and sell it especially if it's parked and i walk away from it-it's gonna be a really long day in court for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey sid, just tryin to help. and yes, it would be easy to impound it. evading arrestis a felony here. if you use it in the commission of an offense it will be held as evidence (even if you leave it behind). then if you are found guilty, the city/state keeps the vehicle and sells it at auction. sid, attitudes like that above give all us sportbike riders a bad name. leo's are people too, and if you're cool with them, they are usually cool with you. i cannot convince you of what is wrong/right or best for you. i can only offer information. have fun, but be safe.

p.s. besides, i get paid almost $50 and hour while on court overtime, i love long days in court!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.