Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm relatively new to the sport bike world. I've been riding motorcycles for a little while and have been riding a friends sport bike around getting used to it and decided that it is what I wanted.
I picked up a 96 zx6r today, it's nothing fancy or flashy but it's a solid bike, very clean and all original.
Tomorrow I will be cleaning the carbs since it's got a bit of a studder/ hesitation at low rpms.
I'm pretty excited about the bike, I never really had much interest getting a sport bike until this year. I've always been more of a car guy. I killed two turbos this year so I need a break from 4 wheels for now.
I joined on here because I need to do a lot of reading and research now on the bike so I can service it when it needs work. I fully plan on leaving it stock and just simply riding it. I'm sick of work on vehicles this year lol.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I too started on an older sport bike (88 Ninja 600R :D) and came from turboed sports cars. I stuck with DSM's primarily, but once I got into bikes it was all downhill from there and the cars had to go.

Hope you enjoy riding and welcome to the motorcycle world.

ps: You should post some pictures of your new zx6r. If it's all stock, then it sounds pretty cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll try to get some pictures of it today.
The carbs ended up needing a new float needle $30 a piece! ouch! But it's a night and day difference now.
I too am into dsms. I have a 92 laser awd and a 91 galant vr4. Both are getting new turbos. The galant is nothing special just some bolts on, I bought it from a friend for a price I couldn't say no to. The laser is the always evolving project car/ money pit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts