Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last month I finally took the plunge and went to my first track day. Let's put it this way I'm planning to go again in September. Needless to say it was a lot of fun. I had purchased my 1 piece suit a while back and finally got to use it, unfortunately I didn't get break in the knee pucks. Yeah I know I look poserrific in my Kawi 1 piece but hey it was a an awesome deal . . . and it's Kawi haha. A week prior I broke my right big toe in a MX incident involving a tree. As you'll be able to see from the pics I was having trouble standing up on the pegs and really getting my butt over. Oh well just somethig to work on next time, I had an awesome time and walked away unscathed so there's not a whole lot a guy can ask for.

I'll go through a little picture tour of my experience and hope to hear back from some of you guys on any thoughts you have. I don't post a whole lot on here because I mainly read from work and I can't sign in from there but I love this forum!

First here's a pic of the track I rode

My bike in the paddock, unfortunately I ran out of time prepping the bike and didn't make any mirror blocks like I was planning so I rocked the Attack Kawi painters masking tape.

Waiting for my first session to start

My buddy chasing me down on his GSXR 750

Now I know what a raced out tire looks like

Reactions: IlBLisSlI

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Very nice...man, I'd love to do a track day. I think I will probably wait until I can build a track bike...I'd be crushed if I killed my daily ride on the track thinking I was a MotoGP racer or something. Great pics though!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice...man, I'd love to do a track day. I think I will probably wait until I can build a track bike...I'd be crushed if I killed my daily ride on the track thinking I was a MotoGP racer or something. Great pics though!
Yeah there's definitely a fine line there where you want to go faster, brake later, and push harder through the corner . . . but it's nice being able to ride that same bike the next day haha.

Honestly though it didn't take but a few laps to go to where I was and my bike never gave me any reason to doubt it. Obviously I wasn't riding balls out, bu definitely enough to appreciate the performance our bikes offer.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Welcome to the addiction.

--David

·
Registered
126 Posts
Way to go getting to the track. I didn't get a knee down my first time either-it's funny, it seems really important when you're thinking about it before it all starts-but once you're out there riding, you got so much going on that getting some scuffs on the knee pucs turns into one of those "who cares" issues.

Welcome to the group-you'll be addicted now!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
agreed...and i need a steady inflow of cash...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts