Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got out on the track here in Birmingham. They had a free intro ride so I signed up and this past Sunday me and my buddy got out there. It was great, beautiful day, no accidents, I leaned her over so much that I scraped my toe!! But it was a good time, just wanted to let you guys know that you might have another racer here soon. I'm not sure cause it does cost a good penny to do this and I'm in college so? But here's a couple shots. Sorry that there arent any better ones cause one of my friends sucks at taking pictures.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Glad you had fun. Barber is a great track. Racing is addictive but expensive - it won't be easy if you are paying for college. But there are some good track day companies (like Sportbike Tracktime) who run at Barber. Track days are fun and are a bit cheaper than going racing.

·
Registered
634 Posts
sounds like you had fun. Yes track and racing is expensive. and If you think it's expensive now it gets worse. have fun

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya cause it was just an intro ride, it didnt bother me cause I ride on the street with jeans. Ya they said they were suprised at how far I was leaning her while only wearing jeans. I couldnt afford to go out to buy leathers for 40 mins of track time. But it was fun either way.

Jon

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I would suggest you to buy some inexpensive leathers. It's not for the track only, because it hurts big time when you crash in jeans, no matter track or not. Believe me I crashed in both, and I am talking from experience.[B)]

Never going out to ride without leathers again.[}:)]

beside that welcome to the track, and have fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.