Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUst wanted to share with you guys my day today. Had my first trackday on the 636 today at Arizona Motorsports Park (http://www.arizonamotorsportspark.com for those interested).

I've been doing trackdays for about 2 years on my 00 zx6r before it grenaded the transmission at my last tday last month. Took the new sled out today with the stock rubber (012's) and basically stock setup. Spent the whole day dialing in the suspension and getting used to the major differences between the two bikes.

The 636 is by far a superior bike and with a few extra goodies like a set of stainless lines, and RS2 DOT Race tires, I'll be able to shave down some more time. Considering it was a brand new bike, I picked up almost 15 seconds over the course of the day today and met a personal best lap record at this park.

Anyway. Great bike...definately am in love all over again! :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sounds like fun.

I bought the 636 specifically for a track bike. It has been a great bike so far. Work schedules only allowed for 3 track days this year (a few more would have been nice).

Here's the mods I've done: R&G sliders, R&G spools, Galfer brake lines, Racetech fork springs, and Racetech gold valves.

Here's the planned mods for this winter: Ohlins rear shock, PC-III, full exhaust, fiberglass bodywork.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mjahelka/zx636.html

·
Registered
132 Posts
Deja vu.

Jettison work in favor of track days. Trust me, since one day you too will be 35 and it gets harder every year. Falling down takes longer to heal from every year, not to mention conditioning and endurance issues. This was my tenth year of track days, and I skipped '99-'00 (BAD) mostly due to 'work.'

There are always other jobs. Quit or be laid off; it's a great experience. Track days, especially with friends, make for years of interesting memories (some good, some bad, though all seem "good" in a nostalgic sense ten years down the pike).

Got in five this year, one less than my goal, and that was a stretch and hurt the wallet. Tough luck, I figure. The only way to do more is race, and I'm not sure I want to do that again: too much sacrifice for those with something to lose.

-=DRB=-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.