Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG... One word... AWESOME!

Before the ZX6RR - I was on a 2001 GSXR600. I use to think there can be nothing better... but OMG. The kawi delivers!

+ Slipper Clutch --- AWESOME
+ Power delivery w/ velocity stack, P3, Kawi Engine Kit --- AWESOME
+ Suspension w/LE re-Valved front and rear Penske triple --- AWESOME
+ Handeling and Flickability --- AWESOME
+ Braking --- AWESOME
+ AWESOME
+ AWESOME
+ AWESOME
+ AWESOME
+ AWESOME
+ AWESOME

-----
Slow start... Spent most of the day working out the suspension... but after getting it somewhat to what my preference was use to off the gixxer I began to get more into it! Previously being on a gixxer... I'm use to pushing the bike to perform: But the kawi was soooo dam smooth in all areas... Corner speed, Entry Spped, Powering out, Braking, Just everything...

Really awesome track tool!

I recomend anyone who has the rr or the r to take it out to the track!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
If it is properly installed and turned on, it allows full-throttle clutchless upshifts using only the shift lever. You can turn it on by toggling a switch at the end of a cable that plugs into the control box, which is likely under either seat.

If it is not properly installed or programmed, I will be happy to send you the instructions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured that much. But people kept telling atthe track that I should have a button to push to change gears up...

So after you reach a certain RPM.. then you should be able to clutchless shift.

Right.. I figured that but didnt realize it was the Translogic

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It looks like you have the QS2 shifter, which upshifts only with the lever. If it has been programmed, it will operate only after the lower quarter of the rev range to prevent stalling when choosing neutral. Give it throttle at a higher rpm, and then toe up on the lever. If it does not upshift, toggle the on/off switch, lather, rinse, and repeat. If that does not work, it is likely improperly installed.

If you have been using the clutch and the shifter was turned on, it may have been working against you.

For more on the shifter, check out translogicuk.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.