Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas,

What do you all think of this sweet looking bike by Fischer that's now available in California or by special order at http://www.fischer1.com/

It's a 650cc Vtwin, $7995 USD, and a supercharged engine will be soon available. I think that it's overpriced for a 650cc Vtwin, but if I had the cash handy, I think I'd actually like to have one. I absolutely LOVED my SV650 and was sad to see her go. It was a fantastic bike. I first saw the article at http://www.motorcycledaily.com/31august06_fischer.htm

·
Registered
74 Posts
Interesting design. I would hate to t-bone anything on it though. The tank looks like it would make any sort of sudden stop very painful, and any close encounters with that windscreen could easily result in a severe puncture to your body.

·
Registered
138 Posts
OMG that shit is ugly, damn are we trying to time travel or something? it looks like a concept bike that hasnt been finished...........[:M42]

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
It's not that bad in my opinion. I just looked over the list of options. After building it to the way I saw as suitable, it came to $16,219.

That's just crazy for a 650 in my opinion. For that money I could pick up a brand new Aprilia RSV Factory.

It's a good idea, I just don't see it lasting very long.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't mind the design so much. I think it looks pretty good. Different for sure.

Performance, however, seems kinda crappy out of the box. If you want the good chassis and suspension bits, you gotta pay serious bucks. Comes with a stock Ohlins shock though. And the bike isn't exactly that light either. And did anyone notice the size of that rear tire? 160/60/17. Weak!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think it looks nice. Very edgy. But that tank will split you in half on sudden stops. Also not liking the split rear bodywork.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by lawyer
where is it made? who´s engineering?
Engineering? Nah, not likely. It's another one of those up-start companies by a self-important engineer with a flare for design who thinks he can do both, but really isn't that great at either. Kind of like Eric Buell, but way worse.

Honestly, if Pontiac ever made a motorcycle, it would be just like that. It has that same over-done "I wish I were a Space Cowboy" plastic-fantastic squeaky-shitty look to it.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Some of you people just have no clue about bikes, do you?
Others of you obviously don't know how to click on a link and read. Makes me wonder how you got to this thread in the first place, never the less, this forum.

Anyway, to clue some of you in, its a Sportbike, built and assembled HERE IN THE USA.
Yes, they outsourced the motor from Huyosung/Suzuki, but why the hell not?
The SV650 motor is one of the best out there for sporing v-twins.

The suspension and chassis is supposedly top notch stuff, so this is a bike you should be able to buy, and take to the track to put a beatdown on bigger bikes. Anyone who races an SV650 knows that they're putting at least $2k into the suspension anyway, so why not buy one with the mods done already?

And now for the goobers who thumb their noses at bikes without SSS or 255 series rear tires.
Umm, the more weight and rolling resistance you slap onto a bike, the harder it is to ride fast around a track.

I bet that if this bike is as good as it can be, the average 636 owner would be faster on that thing on a track like Louden (NHIS) than on their own 636.

BC.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
You tell 'em BC.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Originally posted by bladecutter
Some of you people just have no clue about bikes, do you?
Others of you obviously don't know how to click on a link and read. Makes me wonder how you got to this thread in the first place, never the less, this forum.

Anyway, to clue some of you in, its a Sportbike, built and assembled HERE IN THE USA.
Yes, they outsourced the motor from Huyosung/Suzuki, but why the hell not?
The SV650 motor is one of the best out there for sporing v-twins.

The suspension and chassis is supposedly top notch stuff, so this is a bike you should be able to buy, and take to the track to put a beatdown on bigger bikes. Anyone who races an SV650 knows that they're putting at least $2k into the suspension anyway, so why not buy one with the mods done already?

And now for the goobers who thumb their noses at bikes without SSS or 255 series rear tires.
Umm, the more weight and rolling resistance you slap onto a bike, the harder it is to ride fast around a track.

I bet that if this bike is as good as it can be, the average 636 owner would be faster on that thing on a track like Louden (NHIS) than on their own 636.

BC.
I don't know what your hang-up is with this bike. The SV is all the bike it is because of the experience and R&D bucks of a motorcycle titan like Suzuki. This bike, AND it's motor, have nothing to do with Suzuki. Hyosung is only connected to Suzuki because they have "assembled" some of their bikes in the past. But seriously, step back and look at what you really get.

-Brakes that just don't appear on supersport bikes anymore. They don't appear on most standard sport bikes either. Most binders now come in radial form.

-Carbureters.... need I say more on this? The SV even comes with FI.

-A smaller standard rear tire simply because the engine can't put down enough power to merit the use of a bigger tire.

-A cheesy website clearly not built by competent designers or engineers.

Now, I'm not totally knocking this bike. I think it looks pretty cool and may or may not handle like they promise it will. But the way I see it... $1500 less gets you an REAL SV650S with everything Suzuki promises. $1000 more gets you the 2006 Cycle World bike of the year, which has been thrashed, tested and pitted against offerings from all other major motorcycle manufacturers.... The Daytona 675.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.