Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i fitted a scorpion can to my 06 636, and in the fitting instructions it said i had to disconnect the input shaft/exhaust valve?
so i took the 2 cables off at the exhaust tailpipe side, then i had to take the input shaft fitting plate off wear the other 2 cables go, so i did this my undoing the 8mm nut but it turned the shaft inside with it being tite!
how do i get this shaft back to its original position?
views please, thanks

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
There is a recentering procedure in the service manual, dont turn the shaft by hand or wrench (if you already havnt stripped the gears inside the servo). Simply turn on the ignition and turn it off when its in the correct position.. When you take the cam off the servo rod there should be a stamped line on the end of the servo rod, where it points to im not sure, IIRC there is another line it points to, i just cant think of it off the top of my head.. If noone answers before i have time, i'll look in the service manual and let you know.

·
Registered
106 Posts
did it make any noise? servo whine or clicking. If there was clicking you broke some teeth off of the servo gear.

·
Registered
439 Posts
did you try turning the bike on, letting it spin on it's own and turning the bike off when it gets to the position you want?

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you just keep turning the key on and off the shaft will rotate a bit at a time.Once its back in the right position stick the bracket on.As said above,Do Not turn the shaft with pliers,the gears strip very easy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
100% certain it has not stripped treads/shaft! i was undoing the 8 mm bolt an the whole lot span freely! i have marked it were it was before it moved so if i keep turning ignition on an off till it goes back to original place i'll be orite? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got bike running now seems be fine but i have the f1 light on permantly! the f1 light is something to do with fuel injection? how do i get the light off? anyone else had the light on when changed from a standard exhaust to a performance one?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sounds like you haven't alligned the bracket on the servo properly.If when you turn on the bike and the servo goes through its sequence and the bracket doesn't hit the stops on the servo the light will come on.

·
Registered
651 Posts
No where in this thread has a FI fix been mentioned? I'm not sure if the scorpion exhaust came w/ one? But, either the servo gears are gone, not aligned correctly, or just some other problem all together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.