Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i got my bike i didnt get a manual with it, so when my bottom light on my 05 zx6r came on red, i quickly rode back.

is it ......... Fuel Level

why?what?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
It's not fuel, there is a yellow light that comes on and the words "fuel" appear on the speedo. The red light is oil or FI, I'm at work and can't remember where each is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
From what I undersdand on my 06, that there is a problem with the fuel system. If you drop a 06 636 the fuel gets cut off and the FI light comes on. Now if your bike is running and that light turns on I would seriously have it looked at by a Kawi tech.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what the whole story is,,,,

my fuel light came on, and i rode around for about another 20 miles looking for a gas station, and my gages showed "fuel" and the fuel light was on,, and then i filled all the way up to the top with supreme, started my bike and the new FI light was all lit up.

my fuel light was off, and the 05zx6r ran fine for the ride back home.

i just got the bike about a week ago, yoshi pipe on it, i only assume that the FI fix is under the seat. but i dunno i am new which equals stupid.:D

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had mine come on on my 03. It happened when i had my front sprocket cover off. When I put the cover back on, the light went away.

--Nate

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got the seat off and it is definetly the exhaust servo thing.

i have no idea how it is suppose to go back together though. i tried about a million different arrangements, but when i turn the key, it starts to spin in one direction and then the other, but the light still stays on ...........

what the hell am i doing wrong. (im at the point of anger):(

please someone show me a picture of the correct arrangement.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Mine just came on!!!!!! FI fix is still intact. I filled up gas last night and rode it home no probelem. It onlay came on this morning! Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by weaver
when i got my bike i didnt get a manual with it, so when my bottom light on my 05 zx6r came on red, i quickly rode back.

is it ......... Fuel Level

why?what?

nb. I guess this is "allowed" here, since I didn't copy an entire manual. and why wouldn't it ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.