Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my bike to today in the McDonalds parking lot. Was walking it back a slipped on an oil spot the my foot came out from underneath me. Dropped it right in front of all of Mcd's. Luckily not much damage scrathched the stator cover and bar end and thats it thank god.

Go ahead and flame me!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
thats sucks dude.its all good.once i was walkin muh 04 r6 in a tight side walk and dropped it in front of all these kids.damn little shits started a camotion so know one would have known if they just shut up.but then everyone just stared like i was an idiot.damn kids. sorry to here thought[}:)]

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
No can do bro i have had a history of little shall we say FUCK UPS?

My 1990 CBR1000..forgot to put kickstand down after female rider got off back and i dismounted..scratches and pride in shambles

1993 ZX7R..pumping gas while sitting on bike and foot slipped on some stuff, went down while filling bike,,gas all over..

1996 ZX9R. knee didnt hold bike up when i camto a stop and fell ove ronto the side, good thing my body saved the bike

2005 Zx6R in the driveway slight slope down, got off bike it decided to roll forward and on her side she went..broken swingarm bobbin ad a few scuffs

So you wont hear me laughing..sometimes being human can suck:(

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tough lesson to learn. It can also happen at a stop. good thing not much got damaged. ;)

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
You're halfway towards having as many crashes as I do :D

What a newb...crashing in the parking lot. I take back my invitation for you to sit on my 636 [:p]

j/k bro...everyone's gotta have a first drop/crash...glad you didn't damage too much

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
well go to colorite.com and get the paint for the stator cover, sand it down and get the spray paint bottle one and it will be all better, thats what i did after my bike fell while at my friends house. and the bar end get some cruise control bar ends and its all better, if you want pics of the stator cover let me know

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by alor14582
well go to colorite.com and get the paint for the stator cover, sand it down and get the spray paint bottle one and it will be all better, thats what i did after my bike fell while at my friends house. and the bar end get some cruise control bar ends and its all better, if you want pics of the stator cover let me know
Thanks for that, i was actually wondering about that. Its kinda of a relief to hears yalls stories. I felt like such a newb, my pride was in pieces, i felt like such a jackass, but nothin got damaged (plastics or frame at least) so i can be thankfull for that. And Falcon im still gonna drink you under the table!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
dude that's not being a squid, to be a squid you would have had to
a)been wearing shorts
b)in the drivethru line
c)trying to do a burnout

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm right there with you. Dropped mine, for the first time, yesterday. IN MY GARAGE!!! I thought the side stand was down, but no. I picked it up as fast as I could for somereason I thought the less time it was down the less damage. Same damage as you except my tail section landed on my shop vac and got dinged. I was upset!! Oh, yeah this was right after I changed the oil and washed and waxed it. The only people who laughed it me were coworkers who don't ride. So now I'm over needing it to be pretty and can concertate on going fast.
-D

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
i dropped mine the day i got it doing some dumb shit. broke my mirror and rear brake lever, scratched the fairing a little. i was pretty pissed having had just brought it home like an hour earlier.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Yea the mirrors are pretty cheap on these bikes, dont ask how i know :D At least they break easily and dont rip the whole side of the upper along with it.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
^plus it was brand new at the time and most places were back ordered for replacement parts. i had no rear brake for like 3 weeks.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
And Falcon im still gonna drink you under the table!!
i laughed so hard i fell off my chair

bring it on punk :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Haha yeah the mirrors and reasets are shit on these bikes. I dropped mine 3 days after i bought it cause some old guy cut me off i saved up so only my mirror, rearset, and the lower black plastic was wrecked, but he was nice enuf to buy all that stuff for me so it was cool.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Dropped mine on my third day of owning it. Came to a stop on an incline that also sloped down to the left. I was in second gear. It didn't like pulling out in second on the hill, so I put my weight on my right foot and went to shift. I didn't have enough weight on the right, and it started going left. I tried to catch it, but couldn't. Broke my mirror, scratched the rear fairing a little, scuffed my stator cover and bar end.

Scars give it character, I guess..

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mirror broke off on mine from a deer causing me to lay it over. Im with you I was at gas station talking to some chick. Well my shoe all the sudden slid out from under me and I barely caught it. I looked so retarded I just started it and revved out of there lol.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
dropped mine the first weekend of having it. i was pulling into a parking spot with 3 other friend's on bikes at a mall, i was the last to pull in, my friend on his 05 r1 decided to back into my path as i was pulling in, and my front wheel locked up when i hit the oil slick in the middle. i almost saved it but it was to far over to hold, plus it was still in gear so i couldn't let go of the clutch. i set i down and hit the kill switch. scratched up the left mirror a little and the left stator cover. i was glad i didn't hit my buddies r1 or my other buddies brand new busa, so it was not a big deal to me.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.