Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a ZX636 B1H 2003. Ive got some aftermarket indicators on the front and its flashing too fast. I need to slow em down for my MOT test which is tomorrow, i have tried putting a resistor on one side and its not making any difference. Can anyone tell me if you need the resistor on both sides before it will work? or can anyone tell me what i need to do to slow em down?? I would appreciate your help with this as if i dont get it sorted it will fail its MOT.
Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew about the relay thing but didnt know where it was, i have found a shop with a Kawasaki Relay and now i know how to fit it. Many Thanks! Problem Resolved!. So long as the relay works!.

·
Registered
757 Posts
No, wait a sec. Kawasaki relay won't help, it's thermal, load-dependent. That's why they blink fast, stock relay doesn't see enough load. You need an aftermarket LOAD-INDEPENDENT ELECTRONIC (as in, not thermal)flasher relay. A little more expensive, same 2-wire hookup, as long as you know where your stock relay is on your bike, you'll be golden.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.