Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the flat look. It reminds me of a "work in progress." Kind of like the primer ricers.

It looks like you did a really good job though!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
dig the idea of the flat color look!!makes me think that it's all about the bike.sometimes you don't have to shine to standout.just my opinion.

·
Registered
810 Posts
hmmm...I dig the quality job, but flat black does look a little bit like Juan's unpainted 93 CIVIC CRX HATCH, if you dig what I'm saying. But the bike does look like a stealthy kinda sexy thing...

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
was there something wrong with the bike? IMO it is very very hard to pull off a flat black color without giving the impression of cheap rattle can jo

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You need some big old whitewalls, and a pinstripe job to finish it off for the old school look. Kind of looks like a stealth bomber.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by 2k6r520
was there something wrong with the bike? IMO it is very very hard to pull off a flat black color without giving the impression of cheap rattle can jo
what do you mean by something wrong ?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
What kind of flat did you use? Semi, ultra, basic? Did you use any matte clear coat? Personally I think it's too flat. I sprayed my old RR Semi-flat and used a matte clear and it came out looking satin black.

here's a pic of my RR with the above mentioned paint....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by stizo
What kind of flat did you use? Semi, ultra, basic? Did you use any matte clear coat? Personally I think it's too flat. I sprayed my old RR Semi-flat and used a matte clear and it came out looking satin black.

here's a pic of my RR with the above mentioned paint....
your rr looks good! i used regular krylon flat black. i used a hair dryer then cooled it down with a fan then let it sit for a day cause if you touch it, it will make permanent marks and the result is a crappy job! thats why alot of times people that try it wind up with the cheap primer look.( for the one who asked me how i did it)

·
Registered
871 Posts
I've seen your bike at the local bike nights. It looks pretty evil at night especially with the red LED in your headlight. It's a Ninja's Ninja.

·
Registered
634 Posts
dude, you need another color like a red or something to break up "all" that black. I don't think you should've blacked the tail light and the windscreen. I would have went amber on the windscreen and blinkers and tail light. Then I would've went with red rimstripes and gold levers with black and red grips. Thats just me. You could also try the gold or bronze thing like the calipers on rearsets and levers.

G

·
Originally posted by pinksnyper
hmmm...I dig the quality job, but flat black does look a little bit like Juan's unpainted 93 CIVIC CRX HATCH, if you dig what I'm saying.
lol i just had to laugh at that :D

i dig the stealthiness, but overall it does look incomplete.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
flat black looks like it needs some chrome in certain places.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I Like it. I bet radar doesnt even pick it up. Its that stealth looking. I agree a Ninja's Ninja. If it aint black its wack.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Looks good. I would maybe put some chrome block off plates for the old mirror points or something like that just to add a bit of contrast. Also, if you don't carry a passenger maybe take off the rear pegs. Looking at the pictures I think it would make a big difference on your bike. Good work though, especially with Krylon. Nicely done and unique.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.