Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i remember seeing a "flat" seat cowl for '03s, i thought it was from TARGA. is that right? i just searcjed over there and couldnt find it. any help? thanks --

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
You've seen the Targa ad in a magazine. That's the one... it's flat. They show pics in their ads of several different cowls and other products. Pick up an issue of Sportrider and I'm sure you'll see it in there.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i saw the silver one listed there too, but i gave a link to the blue just b/c there was a picture. when i tried to order it i got an email back that read "The Targa solo seat cowl is no longer available. Your order has been cancelled."

i was willing to be the guinea pig and try this out. i think it may do alot for the look of the bike. whether its good or bad, i havent found out yet ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
i would have gotten one too. the targa looks pretty badass; i think it would give the bike a more agressive look. if anybody finds a way to get some, please PM me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hmm, I can't tell which looks better. I like them both! To be honest though, for the amount of money that thing is, I'd rather buy something else.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think if the bike came with a flat cowl i would want the bulged one, but because it came with the bulged one i want a flat one... ;) think ill stick with the one i got already.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
IMO, the flat one makes it look like the older style bikes. I'll stick with the stock, just my $.02

·
Registered
80 Posts
yeah to each their own..but I like the factory one..Actually I love the entire design of the zx-6r..however I don't like how it forces me ahead and my boys get squished into the tank...lol but oh well..at least my boys are getting some attention..hahahahah

P.S. Mred..It sux when your with a new girl and you have to hold in your farts..it hurts and then I do something stupid like tell them I love them...lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
That silver zx looks like it has an aftermarket seat that might helps out my boys in their situation...lol Is the front of that seat higher than the stock one?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
NX... you got a win-win there... either way looks great, and a new bike look is now just a solo cowl change away. (plus your pipe is sweet...)

Listen, give us your thoughts on the Corbin seat...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yup, thats the Corbin. i bought it for the same reason everyone says: cuz my balls were killing me after i first got the bike! the seat is definitely more "comfortable" though its not a soft and coushy comfortable. its a "my ass has a more defined place to sit so my balls dont get slammed against the tank" comfortable. if you want soft & coushy AND happy balls you could try to shave the seat first before you spend $239 on the corbin. I love the seat. it was worth it to me. plus the CF leather looks sweet. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.