Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The idle bleed screws on float bowl side of the carb next to the inlet to the head. It is on a boss that is about the size of a pencil and has a plug in the end that must be drilled out. The adjustment mostly effects performance below 4,000 rpm. Anything above about 8,000 is controlled by mains jets only.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just installed a factory stage 1 jet kit on my 01. It runs really good, and i've swapped out jets to find the ones that really give me the best performance. I did everything according to the instructions, except for turning the fuel mixture screws 2 and a half turns out. Where are they in the carbs? The diagrams that i have don't really show an accurate picture of where they are. Also, I have a small flat spot at about 12-13 thousand rpm, what should i do to get rid of that, or will adjustinf fuel mixture screws fix that? I haven't synchronized it yet, but i plan to tomorrow. One more thing, it may be running a bit rich at most all rpm's, how should i lean this out, the reason i say this is that after i got done riding it after installing all of this there was a small amount of black residue in my exhaust tip which makes me wonder if its running rich. Thanks for your help.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Do you know what the stock setting is for that screw? As in, how many turns out is it from the factory? I put in bigger jets and raised the clips on the needles and it runs really really good. However, I was just wondering since I haven't adjusted the fuel screws, would this make any difference in performance over what I already have gained? Or would it just run much smoother? I am going to synchronize it today and I'm sure that will probably help some too.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the stock setting is two turns out. I would check them by turning them in to see what they were set at from the factory. The air bleeds will only effect idle quality and performace below 4,000 rpm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.