Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my bike starting losing power for a second around 9-10,000 rpms.I thought the cold weather might have caused it but I ridden in colder with no problem. I have a PCIII and a 2Bros. exhaust. I've tried going leaner and richer with no change. Could it be bad gas? :(

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
colder weather will make your bike run better because of the denser air....so you can rule that out. what exactly happened? did the rpms start to drop or could you just tell by the engine sound?

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rpms didn't drop as far as I can tell. There is just a slight hesitation and then the bike starts pulling again. My mechanic says I need to have it dynoed but it ran fine with the map I downloaded from the Dynojet website.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Get a custom map done, it is expensive but it will take care of any flat spots. No two bikes are exactly alike so the map you have is probably close but not perfect for your bike.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody for your replies. I think I have it narrowed down to either bad gas or a loose connection on my PCIII. I'll take the bike apart tomorrow and check for the loose connection. If everything is okay I'll finish running this tank out and put some octane booster and a fresh tank of gas in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.