Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i was fucking with my bike/carbs, and now when i hit 5000-9500 rpm it feels like it is missing??? i have checked every thing i touched?? could it be a fouled plug?? help me out with any ideas??? thanx,

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Just curious what you did to the carbs... would help in trying to get answers here... might be something as simple as having your carbs synched and/or cleaned...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Probably not fouled plugs and probably not a carb sync problem. I would double check all the vacuum lines and also make sure all the clamps on the boots that attach the carbs to the head were tight. What exactly did you mess with on the carbs?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Dude, I gotz a 94 ZX6 and seems like its' doin the same thing. My Senario was: On Highway, switched to reserve, 2 minutes later held her from 3rd to 5th, let of gas and throttle felt like I was runnin out of gas. Didn't run out made it the 5km back home, but it wouldn't accelerate with wide open throttle. I Drove it yesterday, start and idels fine, but chokes itself when given full throttle. Will acel with slow but steady throttle, but not very well. Normally starts to cut-out around 5 to 8k. Local shop said valves ($350 to adjust), another person said plugs, another said fuel filter. I'm getting a filter today and trying that. I'll post back here tomoro

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yeah, if it was running well before you switched to reserve I would suspect a fuel problem. After you replace the fuel filter you might want to check the little screens that are on the end of the pick-up tubes in the tank. If that doesn't work I would drain the float bowls and see if you find some water or gunk. Drain it into a clear container so you can see what you get.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put some gas in the bike, and the problem still pursists on both on and res lines, so I suspect that the in tank filters are fine, but I will probaley check them while I'm at it. Also where about are the FLOAT BOWLS?? I have never seen or cleand them before.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok it was three things i had found, #1 the vent line for the gas tank, it was pinched,#2 the fuel filter was realy dirty, and#3 the boot on the second carb was tighted at an angle, and air was able to get in,
thanks to all you guys that gave me some ideas
thanx from the west coast[:p]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.