Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just changed my oil for the second time and I noticed that I'm missing the flat washer that goes on the base of the spring of the oil filter. I checked my old filter and it's not there, so I'm not exactly sure if I was even running with it :confused:.

My question is whether or not this washer is necessary, does it serve as spacer or prevent the spring from grooving into the base of the filter? I picked up another washer from O'Reilly's that's a size M20 but it looks a little thick.

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
224 Posts
I bought mine with 16 miles on it and It was never on there and I now have 2650 miles with no problems and about 3 oil changes. I might go order one next time I stop by the dealership but its not the most important thing on my list as of now since I'm putting it in storage soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are talking about the metal washer sitting on the spring in this picture, I would put one in the next time you do an oil change. Without it, the spring is constantly pushing up against the cap that goes over the assembly next.

Brilliant, thanks Kelly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts