Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do stunter flatten the top of their gas tanks?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do stunter drop their bikes a lot. i assume they would. if not then y not make the gas tank look good, since i assume stunting is for show ans a crowd pleaser, wouldnt you want your bike to look clean as well, im not talking every thing chrome and custom, but you know what i mean?

·
Registered
276 Posts
most stunters dent their gas tank in to make it easier to sit on, its about making it a better stunt bike not about looks

·
Registered
671 Posts
Actually the old school gangsta stunters had beat up POS's, and everything was streetfightered. Seems to be the norm is better looking bikes as the riders improve their skills.

ie: my bike is streetfightered and has a cage and 12 bar...I suck, so I wreck a lot. If I get to the point where I don't wreck so much, I will put stock bodywork on it (maybe...kinda like the streetfighter look now)and a nice paint job.

There are a few stunters who have the chrome look, Wink1100 and some others like the bling. Typically, the chroming process makes the aluminum brittle and gives it a tendency to crack or shatter in the event of a crash...once again, mostly for the pros who don't wreck anymore.

And as for the tank, many of the riders are using bondo to smooth them out now so that they look good and are functional to sit on for high chairs and such. scrapintail636 has the new style...looks good by the way!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by 636Fool
would you have still dented the tank in for looks alone though???
nah..it was done for function....but so were my other tanks that i beat with everything from a 4x4 to a sledgehammer..

but to answer ur question there is no reason to dent if you dont stunt....unless u tryin to play the role of what ur not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.