Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to start fiddling with the clip ons to make them more comfortable. I read on here that if you flip the right to the left and the left to the right it will make it up and out instead of down and in which in turn would make it more comfortable for the most part. Well i couldnt find anything big enough to fit the triple clamp nut (36mm) so I had to settle for removing the bolt that attaches the clip on to the triple clamp and adjusting the clip ons pretty much all the way out. This alone made it alot more comfortable for me but one thing came to mind. If I switch them over where can I mount the brake reservoir? Only the right clip on had the threaded hole for the bolt so even if I did switch them over where would I put it?

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
never heard that, but i have lowered a bike to where we put the clipon's on top of the tripple, then you can adjust them to where you want.

had no issues doing this to a few bikes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so me and a buddy got it done and I cannot believe how much of a difference it made. We also had to bend the tab that holds the brake reservoir to make it be in a good position and mounted it on the clip on bolt. I only took it up and down the block but it is atleast 10x more comfortable. Ill get some pics up when I can find my camera.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres two pics I took today... I know i shouldve gotten one from the side of the tank but oh well... if anyone has questions or wants more pics of this set up lemme know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts