Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whatever happen to the guy that was going to test the flo commander? I'm still very interested in the whole idea and was glad somebody volunteered as the guinea pig

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well this guinea pig had to buy a new family vehicle since the wife busted the last one (got a 2003 Durango and payments to go with it).
Also I caught a nail on the rear tire so new shoes for my biatch are first in line. Second the wife gave me a little surprise that is supposed to come out in about 7 months and will consume massive amounts of formula and diapers!! So guess what is last in my list of things to do?? You got it!!:D

Let Saddam come and play!

·
Registered
223 Posts
linm, skip the whole thing and get a carb synch, you can always get a flo-thingy later if it seems right. At least everyone can agree that a carb synch pays dividends, can't say the same for the commander,,,,bring it on D.L.;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Weezy,

Synchronizing your carbs goes without saying. There's no point in even having a sportbike if you don't keep it in proper tune. Installing a Flo-Commander or a jet kit is pointless if the bike isn't already running properly. I'm not sure why you bring up synchronizing when 'all' the other aspects of 'tuning' are just as important. Things like, valve clearances, carbon removal, cleaning out the carbs, proper jetting, etc.

What amazes me is the reluctance to accept anything new on every website I've visited, including this one. Everyone seams almost terrified to even discuss the technical aspects of the Flo-Commander or just about any other new product. To date, there still hasn't been a single technical question here, only attacking and attempting to build up a united front of opposition. Everyone here has to have the overwhelming approval the 'Website' before testing the waters on anything motorcycle related.

When I first read about the Flo-Commander, I immediately dug into it just to satisfy my own curiosity. I couldn't care less if some website would or wouldn't give its approval. I could go on and on about products that are universally accepted and quite worthless (like a timing advancer). At the same time, there are many products that never get off the ground for some reason completely unrelated the product itself, and eventually the item fades into history. For example many years ago I used a liquid masking tape. It came in a can with a brush attached under the cap, and you just brushed on and when it dried it looked just like masking tape, and could be removed in the same way. Today I have to use ordinary tape, which takes 10 times longer to use. Where's this stuff today? Was it a bad idea? Did it fail to deliver? Was it too expensive? It just failed in the marketplace for reasons unknown.

I'm going to stock a complete line of Flo-Commander products in the next few weeks. I'm getting a brand new Dyno with fuel meter, electric brake, and all the goodies. I'm not even going to bother stocking any jet kits but well special order. I recently learned that the largest cycle warehouse in Canada is dropping their inventory of all jet kits and will be stocking only the Flo-Commander for carb tuning. I'm convinced that this will be a very successful product and even the reluctant websites will eventually follow along, but only after they're available at Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Dave, please don't insult my intelligence beyond my lack of total comprehension of all things mechanical. I don't need anyone's approval to do anything in my life, particularly people I have never met or even actually talked to. I look for advice and ideas on this website, sometimes concerning where to spend my hard earned cash, but in the end I make my own choices. When I first saw the flo-commander ad in sport rider magazine, I immediately went to their website and digested all the information I could about it. I actually do think it is a great idea, and have strongly considered getting one for myself. I'm still considering it. Price was the main inhibiting factor for me, and well, also that there isn't one specifically made for my year. I am not attacking or building up a defense against you or the flo-commander which you love so dearly, I was merely making light of the seemingly endless debate which took place elsewhere in this forum. Lighten up and let facts and testimonials do the talking for you, there are surely enough open minded individuals out there to make flo-commanders a huge success if it is all you say it is.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Weezy,

Much of my comments were for others on this website, not you specifically. The overwhelming response here was one of immediate rejection and complete lack of interest. This will always be a matter of puzzlement to me. Any product that promises to make substantial improvement in performance has my immediate attention. That doesn't mean that I'll rush right out and buy a truck load of them, but I'll sure as heck look into it and fire round after round of questions until I accept the concept or have convinced myself that the item is a scam or a smoke & mirrors situation. Like I said, that never happened here. No questions, no interest, just fingers jammed firmly into both ears. Some might call is stupidity, but I prefer to give everyone the benefit of doubt and consider it a type of fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of wasting $140, fear of strangers, whatever. The bottom line is that nearly everyone has elected to reject a boost in horsepower, far better all around performance, and continue to focus their attention on a far inferior product, namely the popular jet kit. For me it’s like listening to a bunch of people standing around praising the engineering brilliance of the Motor Company. It may be well intentioned, but it’s misguided just the same, and it’s hard to just sit back and let ignorance prevail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.