Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking through some archives of aftermarket parts and I ran across an interesting one on the Flo-Commander. Was wondering if anyone eventually had one installed. Seems pretty cool.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yo,
funny thing i was looking trough my Sport Rider magazine and in the gear tested setcion, what do you know, they tested this "Flow Commander". The great thing about this is that they also tested it on a 2001 zx-6r. I haven't really read the short paragraphs becuase i am lazy too but it seem that if you either had a jet kit or flo commander option. you should go with the jet kit. Ill try to read the rest later but i have to go to work. Laters

YellowNinja

·
Registered
363 Posts
Seems silly to me, just an excuse to spend money. I cant see how it could produce any real gains. If that flo commander guy gets on here again its gonna get ugly, that guy was WAY to excited about those little hoses.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
The principal of it all,is sound....but is more of a fine tuning thing than anything........once your jetting is correct for your set up, this system can help very fine tune how your bike reacts to temp/altitude and such...............not really a replacement for jetting where radical changes have taken place....

Just what I see.

Jason

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
k, i got the sport rider issue that tested it...lessee
they say it gives gains but nothing a good jet kit wouldn't do and for cheaper....you can install both just to fine tune the jet kit....but meh....and the company that makes em say that the flo commander will reduce the mount of fiddling you might have to do to the jet kit after it's installed...to which the writers respond by saying that jet kits rarely need to be fiddled with after they're installed...so in the end this is what they say:
" Finally, the Flo-Commander, at $ 136.95 for the Kawasaki, is more expensive than a full jet kit and, ultimately, doesn't fix the lean midrange mixtures that hurt driveability"
this is for a 2002 kawasaki ZX-6R by the way

·
Registered
448 Posts
yea something like that =\ by the way is jetting hard. i was gonna do-it-yourself with the ivans kit. i am by far not a mechanic but i can follow directions and so on. I haven't read anything that is a con when installing one. is there like less MPG, significantly?
YellowNinja

·
Registered
501 Posts
if u are not mechanically inclined your best bet is to take it to a certified mech that u can trust.

I was one of the original pot stirrers on the Flo-Commander. I never purchased it cause I was not convinced by the product. And I am not the kind to experiment when it comes to the carb on my bike. Send an email to the Flo-Comm dude and he will be more than happy to tell you about it.

If he does come on here, which I doubt, it will make for a good session of argument. Hell, I am gonna have the beer and pop corn ready for the show.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.