Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had put in an Ivan's jet kit...
engine lagged at 6-9K RPM.
Ivan said to check the float levels first.....
Now how do i do this?
checked the manual( for a ninja 2000 ZX-6R) section 2-9 thru 2-10 explains it but realy confusing..

So basically how do i check the float levels? and then if they are off how do i adjust??

Ivans says 5mm float level and the kawi manual steates the lovel a re factory at 7mm.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is this what i should do???

------------
reinstall the floats and set the float bowl height. I found this to be the most nerve-wracking as it seems very imprecise and the actual method of adjustment is "jicky". I really couldn't understand EXACTLY what I was supposed to be measuring until I found this pic on Factory Pro's site: www.factorypro.com/images/carb,float adj,38Mik.jpg AHA! Now it all made sense. Also notice that the carbs are being stood on end to measure. I did this also and it seems to work ok although I measured the floats w/ the carbs lying on the bench as well. I didn't have the Factory Pro tool, but thanks to Suliman, I ran out and bought a $20 Sears Vernier's calipers w/ a depth measurement beforehand. Worked well. I just set it to 3.25mm and ran it along the surface of the carbs. If it came in contact w/ the floats, down they went. Much of a gap? Up w/ the floats. Not too difficult, just time-consuming to get just right.

---------------

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
That way is correct......

1.Lay carbs on their tops...(bowls facing up)
2.Hold the float till the tang just touches the needle....(two people helps alot).
3.Measure the distance from the top of the float to the base of the carb..... 7mm plus or minus 2mm is good....
4.If the measurement is out, adjust the tang as necessary up or down.

MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALL THE SAME ....5mm will make your carbs run richer.....more fuel in bowl,higher level, easier to be drawn out....

Hope this helps

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.