Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to make the rear signals into flush mounts. It seems as though this bike is already set up for it (ie the flush mounts are already in place), but I don't know what to do.
I tried to take apart the existing signal but unfortunately the wiring is soldered in place, which means that if I cut it, I would need to re-solder it back.
Is there another way to do this or am I crazy here?
If that is the case (I don't have a solder kit, or the skill), would the mechanic be able to do this for me?

Here is the spot where the signal would go:

and here you can see the mount for the bulb already in place:

PS: I think the rear signals (the flush ones) are smoked, but I'm not sure on that. Are they smoked or will that paint not let any light through?

·
Registered
692 Posts
From the picture they don't look smoked, they look painted. Hold a flashlight up to it and see if you can see through it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Yeah I dunno.. they said ZZR250 so I clicked on it. Call them or just search around.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead :p I still want to know if anyone has any ideas... I called around and got no where. I also talked to my local kawi dealer, but they just stood around with their thumbs up their arses and wanted to know why I wanted to change the signals in the first place....

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead :p I still want to know if anyone has any ideas... I called around and got no where. I also talked to my local kawi dealer, but they just stood around with their thumbs up their arses and wanted to know why I wanted to change the signals in the first place....
I hate it when they ask, "why do you want to do that" when you order a part. Next time that happens just stick your hand in your pocket and point a finger based gun at them and say, just order the part and nobody'll get hurt. :shhh:

HAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
775 Posts
Dude you can prolly buy them dirt cheap on ebay and make em fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just posted the message to brian997 over at gtamotorcycle.com but thought I'd post it here too.

-----------
Actually, you don't need any parts. Turns out they are all still on your bike, just painted and moved around because of Canadian safety laws.

The flush mount light caps as you saw are just painted over. I searched high and low to buy non-painted ones, but you can't get them in Canada. Next, don't listen to all the sites that tell you how to strip off the paint using solvents and crap.....they all ruin the plastic and leave a weird foggy look. I used an electric sander, then fine sand paper by hand on my second one and turned out way better.

Now on to the lights. Everything you need, wiring, casing, screws, etc. are all in those side fish eye lights. For this part, the fish eye lights will be broken and destroyed; but they are going in the garbage anyways. The part you want is the metal piece that actually holds the light bulb in it. So remove the light-bulb, unhook the wires, remove the fish-eye light off the side of your bike. Now you will need to pry the metal clip back from the plastic so that you can pull it out; this part was extremely difficult, so take your time.

Once you finally remove it, you can place in into the flush mount sockets, feed the wires in under the seat (through the original holes), and attach it back up. You'll need to bend the metal of the light socket back into place so it won't shift and move around on you.

I'm guessing most of what I wrote there didn't make much sense, but if you post more pictures of the fish-eye lights opened up, I can walk you through it.

Note that it took me a few days overall....most of the time I got tired from sand-papering the damn things.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Just posted the message to brian997 over at gtamotorcycle.com but thought I'd post it here too.

-----------
Actually, you don't need any parts. Turns out they are all still on your bike, just painted and moved around because of Canadian safety laws.

The flush mount light caps as you saw are just painted over. I searched high and low to buy non-painted ones, but you can't get them in Canada. Next, don't listen to all the sites that tell you how to strip off the paint using solvents and crap.....they all ruin the plastic and leave a weird foggy look. I used an electric sander, then fine sand paper by hand on my second one and turned out way better.

Now on to the lights. Everything you need, wiring, casing, screws, etc. are all in those side fish eye lights. For this part, the fish eye lights will be broken and destroyed; but they are going in the garbage anyways. The part you want is the metal piece that actually holds the light bulb in it. So remove the light-bulb, unhook the wires, remove the fish-eye light off the side of your bike. Now you will need to pry the metal clip back from the plastic so that you can pull it out; this part was extremely difficult, so take your time.

Once you finally remove it, you can place in into the flush mount sockets, feed the wires in under the seat (through the original holes), and attach it back up. You'll need to bend the metal of the light socket back into place so it won't shift and move around on you.

I'm guessing most of what I wrote there didn't make much sense, but if you post more pictures of the fish-eye lights opened up, I can walk you through it.

Note that it took me a few days overall....most of the time I got tired from sand-papering the damn things.
rep to you, sir. :thumbup:

check your PM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts