Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my wife's 250R. After showing her all the options out there, she picked the FMF as her favorite for the style. I liked it the best as well, especially because its carbon and titanium for a lower price than the carbon/stainless options.

We ordered direct from FMF for $425. It shipped on the 22nd and arrived via UPS on the 27th.

Installation was straight forward and hassle free with one exception. The exhaust pipe connecting gasket would not come out of the stock can so I used muffler tape around the header pipe until I can get a new gasket from Kawi. (part #11009-1667)

Using a bathroom scale, the stock can weighed a little over 9 lbs and the FMF weighed a little less than 4 lbs. The quality is good. I only have one gripe; the FMF Apex sticker on the can wasn't applied carefully and has some bunged up corners (or it could have happened during shipping?). So if my wife wants to leave the sticker on I will call FMF and ask for a new sticker.

Otherwise, good quality and light weight, nice sound; she's happy = I'm happy. ;)

Pics are from a camera phone so not the greatest. I may update them later if I have time.

Here's a link to the video clip for sound. Vid quality is bad but the sound is exact: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zzLIMd9Kp8

pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looked so good when it arrived that I totally forgot about the web pics for the Apex series being angular and not an oval shape. I don't know what happened there? I'll have to call FMF about that.

I ordered it off the web site and there was only one option for the 250R.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's cool. I was going to do the same thing.

I just got off the phone with FMF (still can't believe I didn't notice the change from diamond to oval :dunno:).

They said due to "fitment reasons" the diamond shape can wouldn't work on the 250R.

It looks good and my wife is happy so we'll keep it.

FMF now has 250R specific pics on their site (they didn't when we ordered). http://www.fmfracing.com/default_detail.aspx?m=sport&app_make=KAWASAKI&app_model=NINJA%20250R&app_year=2008

Looking at the diamond shaped can it looks like you could probably make that one work if you wanted to cut down the header pipe and deal with some custom install issues.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Nice pics....it sounds loud! I like the diamond shape can better, but that one is good looking too!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
sounds good...

don't really like the look of it though...

rep for the shitty video though..

·
Registered
720 Posts
Good looking exhaust...but I still likethe Yosh CF best...prob best looking exhaust out there as this point IMHO...$440 shipped was what I paid for..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn it, you beat me. My FMF exhaust is supposed to be here today sometime. At least I know what to expect now.
When I spoke with them yesterday FMF cust service said no problem in returning the muffler if you are not happy with the different style.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
video quality wasn't any better the second time i watched it...

what a bummer...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed the FMF Apex exhaust today, carbon fiber/titanium model (Ill post pics tomorrow). The video posted really doesn't do it justice, this is a sweet sounding exhaust, its loud and deep but sounds good when revving the engine. As far as noticeable performance I will say that the power band seems to be a lot smoother, it would be nice to see a Dyno chart for further confirmation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts