Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with the FMF Cannister slip on? I was thinking of getting one for my 98. Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
well guys great news i got my fmf powercore S exhaust it look great and sounds awesome its alot like an AKRAPOVIC the bad news is that it is a B*tch to put together you almost have to hammer the mid-pipe to the exhaust but its worth it. the fmf pipe does not even get no where as hott as the stock pipe. so less 3rd degree burns... as soon as i get the sound of it recorded i will post that too... (frankie's wife talking here) frankie will post as soon as gets home to see it...

·
Registered
130 Posts
frank,
can you elaborate a lil more on the installation process? i was a fan of FMF back in my MX years and am thinking of eventually snagging a slip-on for the streetbike. their prices are a little better than yoshi or akro to boot[^]

·
Registered
216 Posts
involves a canister and mid-pipe, one clamp and two springs.
the mid-pipe has to be inserted in to the canister before installed on the header but hi temp silicone helps it slide to gether easier but make sure u line up the canister before completely tighted.
overall and farely easy project. worthit for the sound and price!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
thanks for the input, frank! cpl more things: are they 50state legal? are they quite a bit louder than the stock cannister(give examples of before and after decibles if possible)? did you go w/titanium or aluminum and what did you pay for it?

·
Registered
216 Posts
it is an aluminum powercore s i paid $289.00 sent to my house.

its not louder then stock and its a deep sound kinda like a vtwin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.