Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curios to hear a fmf on a 636 and their website hasent posted it yet , so if anyone has one tell me what it sounds like or post a sound clip. thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
well guys great news i got my fmf powercore S exhaust it look great and sounds awesome its alot like an AKRAPOVIC the bad news is that it is a B*tch to put together you almost have to hammer the mid-pipe to the exhaust but its worth it. the fmf pipe does not even get no where as hott as the stock pipe. so less 3rd degree burns... as soon as i get the sound of it recorded i will post that too... (frankie's wife talking here) frankie will post as soon as gets home to see it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
a guy i know just bought a silver 03 636 and he had the fmf pipe put on it. it sounds good. not too loud but loud enough. looks nice on the bike too. he said he paid $340 for it.

later, todd

·
Registered
181 Posts
I went to the dealer yesterday to order a gold one but he said it would take a week and a half to get it, so I ordered a natural Titanium can. I had no problems installing it. I had a Hindle on my 636 before and I like the sound of the FMF pipe better. The quality of the titanium and the craftsmanship is is a little better IMO.

·
Registered
130 Posts
kawi_ohio,
does it have a tinny shitty sound to it like D&D or is it deep at low rpms and a howler at high? im torn between fmf, blueflame, and wolf right now. if fmfs tone is loud and deep, i may snag one. btw, did you notice any removeable baffles on the fmf or is it straight through like their dirt bike cans?
tia

·
Registered
534 Posts
I still have to install my FMF pipe Alum pipe and block off plates [xx(]
As soon as I can find time to work on the bike between my day-job and working at the local racetrack, I'll record a vid clip and post it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
you can see right thru the canister. it does not sound anything like a D&D exhaust. the fmf pipe has a throaty soung similar to a hindle. sound really good in the higher revs. it was defenitly worth it. after i got a 3rd degree burn from the stock exhaust i had to buy a new pipe and i would not have bought a diffrent exhaust.. a really great buy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.