Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear cowel arrived from ebay ( mint condition ready for a respray ) but as the guy said the foam is missing from the inside, just wanted to know what the foam does and will it be ok without it ?

Andy

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So can i just cut some foam to rough size and stick it on then ?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Are you sure its not the foam thats there to keep the heat from the exhaust from melting the plastics? Kind of like the foam on the sides of the motor

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
if you REALLY want to be proper, you can buy the foam. i'm pretty sure it has a part number. it has been discussed before and one of the forum sponsors told us that they are separate items.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you REALLY want to be proper, you can buy the foam. i'm pretty sure it has a part number. it has been discussed before and one of the forum sponsors told us that they are separate items.
Oooh, dont suppose you have a link do you buddy ? I want to be proper :p

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i'm trying to remember the name of the sponsor. he sells OEM stuff pretty cheap, if memory serves.

i just looked. he's no longer (if he ever was) a site sponsor. I can't remember his name, but anyone who sells OEM stuff should be able to get it for you. check out our site sponsors. that's why they're here. typically they have pretty good prices and some of them give forum members discounts. i know bikebandit.com gives 10% discount for kawiforum members with the promotion code "kawiforums" or something like that. you can check advanced kawasaki.

i try to use our sponsors as much as I can. here they are:
http://www.kawiforums.com/sponsors.html

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm trying to remember the name of the sponsor. he sells OEM stuff pretty cheap, if memory serves.

i just looked. he's no longer (if he ever was) a site sponsor. I can't remember his name, but anyone who sells OEM stuff should be able to get it for you. check out our site sponsors. that's why they're here. typically they have pretty good prices and some of them give forum members discounts. i know bikebandit.com gives 10% discount for kawiforum members with the promotion code "kawiforums" or something like that. you can check advanced kawasaki.

i try to use our sponsors as much as I can. here they are:
http://www.kawiforums.com/sponsors.html

I try to use sponsors of forums im a member of as much as possible, shame all these sponsors are from the USA :(. Saying that though..if they are willing to ship to the UK it could well work out cheaper in some cases.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I try to use sponsors of forums im a member of as much as possible, shame all these sponsors are from the USA :(. Saying that though..if they are willing to ship to the UK it could well work out cheaper in some cases.

oh shit. yeah, i didn't realize you're from the UK. do the sponsors not ship to UK? i think you'd be alright just buying some soft spongy foam and sticking in there. you might be able to get away with no foam, but kawi put it there for a reason.

sorry man i can't find the thread! i'm sure you could buy it at your local stealership

1 - 11 of 11 Posts