Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I got a set of those heading my way. I've only read good things about these "knock-offs." The only one negative was from one rider. His anodizing has started to wear some.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have similar ones from a different supplier, and mine are laser etched as well.

Some clearance issues with the windscreen thank to the lowered sportsbars, but I love them.

One other issue was thanks to the brake lever not fitting correctly, but that was fixed. If you have a later 09-11 bike, those will not fit BTW!!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
i have these levers on my 14. they work flawlessly & have a nice finish.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had a bad experience buying adjustable levers on ebay. They are not from the same seller as you posted - but they are made in china. After what i went through (fitment issues etc) i should have spent the extra cash and purchases Pazzo levers.
See this thread all about levers made in china and issues others have had:http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-650r-er6/174484-new-double-adjustable-levers-2.html#post2426449

Scroll to the top of the page and read my thread after clicking the link. Even if you do decide to buy them - at least you will know what to look for after installing - (mine caused my brakes to continually lock-up due to the brake actuator socket being to shallow to allow the brakes to fully release. I had to drill it out.) Just a heads up.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
A friend of mine had levers just like that on his Ducati 996. I rode that bike quite a bit, I liked them, I think he did too.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Fucking spammers.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Zandit tell me where you got those right now! lol

sixt3denied thanks for the info ima read that later =)
Sixt3 got the same levers after I bought mine and had the same issues I had, so there are problems if you have an 09-11 model bike. From all reports, the 06-08 models have no issues.
www.adjustablelevers.com is the place to go.

Let us know if you get any.

·
Premium Member
2,317 Posts
Why not go with ASV?

Warranty

UNBREAKABLE GUARANTEE

All ASV products carry an unconditional guarantee against breakage. That’s right, you break your ASV product we replace it. No questions asked. No matter how you broke it. ASV is the only lever manufacturer that offers this guarantee in writing. Think about how much money you would save in replacement levers if you had ASV levers on your bike over the last year. We also apply "Unbreakable" guarantees to all of our products.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why not go with ASV?

Warranty

UNBREAKABLE GUARANTEE

All ASV products carry an unconditional guarantee against breakage. That’s right, you break your ASV product we replace it. No questions asked. No matter how you broke it. ASV is the only lever manufacturer that offers this guarantee in writing. Think about how much money you would save in replacement levers if you had ASV levers on your bike over the last year. We also apply "Unbreakable" guarantees to all of our products.
what differentiates you (ASV) from Pazzo? besides the warranty?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I like ASV's on a dirt bike, but not a fan of ASV's on a sport bike. The adjusters are too cumbersome and time consuming to use while riding the bike.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Why not go with ASV?

Warranty

UNBREAKABLE GUARANTEE

I know a couple of guys using ASV's with no issues, and I suppose I went with mine firstly because of the style and cost. I didn't want to buy a set of expensive levers and not like them.
BTW, do the ASV's come with a folding section or extendable? That was another selling point as I was not sure if I would like the shorty or the long length or something in between.........Ok, it sounds like I couldn't make up my mind, but I am very happy with my levers even though they required some modification to fit correctly.
Everyone's different, but there is also too many choices out there as well!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased these same levers off of ebay a few months ago.

No fitment issues, and they work perfectly.

The only problem is that the finish is fading due to sun exposure. When I purchased them, they were a dark, glassy black. Now they're a shiny grey.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Got mine in for my VFR and it took less than 5 minutes to install mine since it's hydraulic on both sides. I am going to fine tune the build quality. There are not washers on the nuts so I'm going to go get some tiny plastic washers. Also the bolt hole size is drilled exactly to the size of the bolt. My stock levers have brass bushings so the lever doesn't get any of the wear. I may take them to a machinist and have them drilled out to accommodate a bushing.

When I feel like it, I will order a set for my ER6N.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fold...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item230d2c6e7a

1 - 20 of 20 Posts