Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7036

*** Lawyers ***
I went to about 10 different lawyers. They wanted to charge me anywhere from $450 to $750 to represent me (some even wanted an additional fee for everytime they had to go to court for my case)...I couldn't afford that. The beauty of the whole thing was they were aiming for a plea bargain not to prove innocence. In other words, it was 99.9% certain that I would have to admit that I was guilty for a deal from the prosecutor.

*** Before the Trial ***
I knew I was not guilty and I wasnt about to plead guilty for something I didnt do so I set out to prove my innocence. I decided to defend myself with help from a legal advisor. All in all I put in around 50 hours of my time into the case.

*** The Trial ***
The cop showed up and he wasnt alone, he brought his fat b**** cop friend with him (the one that stopped me). The cop's friend was giving me a grin the whole time like saying, "youre going down and im going to enjoy it." I kept my cool and focused on what I was there to do. The prosecutor tried to fight it till the very end and he pretty much objected to every question I asked the cop. Even when the judge had made his ruling he kept trying to fight it until the judge turned around and told him, "not guilty is how I ruled and if you don't like it you have seven days to appeal and you're more than welcome to do so.

Well, I won in court, amazingly enough but in the end God is the one that made it possible.

The cop walked out of there with his head between his legs and his buddy's grin was gone. Even with the cop lying left and right justice was still served.

Unfortunately I can't disclose any information on what Im going to do at this point but I assure you the cop wont be too happy when this is all over.

I will give you guys an update when its all over and done with.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
When you say you won, you mean you got it dismissed? Or you plea bargained?

Lawers are extremely expensive, but if you can find an aggressive one that really know what he's doing you can make the cops squirm. The last time I went to court, my lawyer was late, and the cop had that same damn grin on his face, thinking I was going to eat it. Then my lawyer walks in about ten minutes into it, and the cop's mouth just drops. After that he had trouble talking, and even started drooling out of the sides of his mouth. He was stuttering and messing up all of the words. I had bite my tongue just to keep from laughing hysterically.
I lost anyway, but it was fun to make the cop get all nervous like that. But you know what the best part is? I had to pay the fine, and the judge said my license was suspended. Guess what? The DMV is such a train wreck that here I am 5 months later and my license was never suspended. I even called to check the status of my license last week, and everything is clear. How sweet is that?:D

That's awesome that you won though. Keep on fightin those appeals[:M60]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hey thwzard, I am glad to hear that your hard work paid off and you got the outcome you deserved at this point. Only point I'd like to bring up is that most cops don't necessarily take traffic court losses to heart the way Joe Citizen does (or needs to)... they get paid (usually time and then some) for court appearances regardless win or lose. Most won't lose any sleep. They get paid for the time they put into it, the defendants won't (and 50 hours is a significant chunk of time to sacrifice for this)... hopefully you can hit the cop(s) where it DOES affect them somehow if they acted the way you described on the night in question... formal complaint maybe at the police service???

BUT that's not to take away in any way from your victory... sounds like in the end the right call was made and as you say justice was served... good job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I won as in I was found not guilty by the judge.

"Only point I'd like to bring up is that most cops don't necessarily take traffic court losses to heart the way Joe Citizen does (or needs to)... they get paid (usually time and then some) for court appearances regardless win or lose. Most won't lose any sleep. They get paid for the time they put into it, the defendants won't (and 50 hours is a significant chunk of time to sacrifice for this)... hopefully you can hit the cop(s) where it DOES affect them somehow if they acted the way you described on the night in question... formal complaint maybe at the police service???"

Trust me, I made a complete fool of the cop in open court (which he deserved after the stunt he pulled on me and my buddy). This cop had an unbelievable ego walking into that courtroom and when he walked out he had his head between his legs. All the stuttering and nervousness he displayed during his testimony will haunt him for months to come. To top it all off it all happened infront of his co-worker and a camara crew that was filming for the local news. Hell I wish I had it on tape...

P.S. If you havent noticed I hate this cop for the frustration and stress he caused me over the three month period. That night I felt powerless for the first time in my life and I noticed how little freedom I really have. People like him shouldnt be wearing a badge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.