Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its triggers the brake light to come on just by revving/riding the bike. how do i adjust it so it stops from triggering the brake light other than applying the brakes. It stays on (sticky) when I lightly tap onto the foot brake. just a little nudge by hand. the switch looks like it just sticks. I have to let the brakes off quickly to disengage the switch. my brother and I were riding and he ask me why was I riding the brakes...i told him I didnt. thats how i found something was wrong with the foot brake switch. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
There is slack in the switch. Mine did the same thing new. It's adjustable, just look right above where your ankle sits, you can't miss it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yup. Look at your rear brake lever. In the rear foot stay/brakct, there is a hoop holding a small tube where a spring is connected to the brake lever. It is adjustable/turns.

The more you tighten it, the higher the tension/less slack there is your spring (and your spring is what activates your brake lights). The more you loosen it, the more slack there will be.

From what you're saying, I'd say loosen it. If your brake light comes on too much/sticks, then the spring is too tight/theres' not enough slack/play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.