Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lousy footpegs made in Taiwan disintegrated under me, friends [V]. Can anyone recommend a pair of footpegs (not rearsets, thanks, too rich for my blood) that look good and hold up well?

The LP Superpole V360K look pretty good and seem to provide a lot of adjustability. Has anyone used that?

Thanks in advance [^]

/forum/uploads/Poch/097_1_.jpg

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I looked into getting those same ones before and was advised against it form talking to some people on a msg board (npot this one...befor it's time). Those don't pivot at all if they touch down. May not be quote as solid either if I remember right. They sound good on paper, but it seems the execution is a little lacking. I think they were hard to install too.

Depends what you want. For me, it was increased ground clearance. I don't like dragging the pegs. I did it a few times really hard, as the 6R will tend to do on track days. I ended up going with some slot cut competition werks pegs. I can't see myself ever scraping those puppies. They were not exactly cheap, but they're nice. I'm happy with 'em.

Here's a pic...

·
Registered
471 Posts
I prefer fixed pegs, when you wreck the bike will slide on the pegs & frame sliders & you maybe lucky enough like me to where your body work doesn't even get touched. Your upper will probally get knicked on the side near the handle bars.
I saw those pegs on tricktape.com
was wondering how they hold up myself, appears they have little pins to keep them in place.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grunt 99, I may have missed it -- the competition werkes pegs flip up? mfzx6r, how about the Pro-teks? Personally, I would prefer that to using them as some kind of slider.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Poch,

I just installed a pair of the LP pegs that you have displayed in your pic.

I must say they are nice, confortable and very solid. You can gain about an inch to 1.25 inchs in any direction, like having an afordable rearset. Easy to install and move to whatever position you want.

My $0.02 but I would recommend them.

Green 2001 with Full Muzzy, LP stuff & more
Go green or go home!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Originally posted by Grunt_99

I looked into getting those same ones before and was advised against it form talking to some people on a msg board (npot this one...befor it's time). Those don't pivot at all if they touch down. May not be quote as solid either if I remember right. They sound good on paper, but it seems the execution is a little lacking. I think they were hard to install too.
Yep. My comments from an earlier thread:

--
You can buy Lockhart Phillips 360 adjustable pegs, but I don't recommend them. Good idea, poor execution -- at least on the 6R. Dealing with the peg bolts is a huge pain in the ass. That part isn't LP's fault, Kawasaki obviously doesn't mean for these to ever come off. But I couldn't get the new pegs tight enough, no matter how much force I put on them, and now the assembly can be rotated back and forth through about 20% of its range. And unless you come up with some kind of spacer for the right side, there's unacceptable side-to-side play in the brake lever.

BUT... they might be better suited to your purposes. I bought them for a more aggressive riding position, and I don't like having to think about whether or not they're going to cause me trouble when I'm pushing hard. I think I'd be comfortable with them for casual touring, though.
--

Addendum: I leave mine adjusted to 12:00-1:00, because I am concerned about them touching down if I leave them lower. But I've now used them at the track, and even with knees down, they never scraped.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yep they pivot back they look pretty much like Grunt_99's
but in blue..

mfzx6r

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replies, guys -- Lee, thanks for the straight-up review of the 360's, the down and up-side.

Will probably go for the Competition Werkes in silver -- I like stealth [^]

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah the bend up when touched down...or they would. But I don't think I'll be touching these down, unlike the stock ones.

The othe rthing that I was unbsure about with the 360 ones... The peg rotates, but the rets of the controls (brake/shiter) stay in their original spots. Does it put your foot at strange angles to get to the controls???

I was interested for both reasons...for the added clearance for the track time, and lowering them for long commutes. But it just didn't seem worthwhile. My original post about them was on SBN, I think one of the guys responding had em on an RC51. he took em off. AJ seems happy though, so I guess it depends if they suit your needs.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Grunt_99

The othe rthing that I was unbsure about with the 360 ones... The peg rotates, but the rets of the controls (brake/shiter) stay in their original spots. Does it put your foot at strange angles to get to the controls???
Yes, if the peg was set near 12 o'clock, you'd get a foot angle that's more suited for "attack mode" but tiring for road riding. Vertical adjustment (fore or aft) would help those who are long or short of foot, but could keep the same orientation.

Thanks for the confirmation, Grunt -- I've put my order in [^]

·
Registered
333 Posts
I found a pic of mine
mfzx6r

/forum/uploads/mfzx6r/blue-pegs.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.