Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

For '03 Ninja's a $70 bracket? (eBay)

865 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  silverzx6r 
#1 ·
OK, so if I am understanding this guy, he is trying to sell a small metal bracket for 70 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10066&item=2426856230

Seller: kustomkomponents

Am I undersanding this correctly?

Sounds like he is trying to word the ad so a person thinks they are getting an undertail. Image that, the '03 already has an undertail.

When eBay says 'Caveat Emptor' they really mean it.

-Flash

#5 ·
I just sent the seller an email, I'll post response when received.

I don't see any mention of "whole undertail though"

"Brand new from KUSTOM KOMPONENTS. This fender elimination kit consists of a laser cut brushed stainless steel super low profile mount for your license plate and turn signals."

#6 ·
Straight from the horses mouth...

It's the bracket that holds the plate and signals. The stock painted undertail is as nice as any on the market and doesn't need to be replaced.
Thanks CHAD

So I guess it's safe to say, $70 for a laser cut piece of angled aluminum...

#8 ·
Sent seller another email asking what the difference is between this product, and an ordinary piece of metal.

Here's the response...

I guess you could call it an ordinary piece of laser cut, brushed stainless steel formed on a cnc press brake. If you have the means to make your own, please do, it can be rewarding to fabricate parts for your own bike. This bracket was designed on cad to flow with the existing lines of the bike, and to take all the guess work of hole designing, cutting, hole spacing, and forming. The price is set to substantially under cut Competition Works Fender Eliminators pricing. I think ours is a much nicer part, that gives you the smallest, most narrow profile out there. Chad

#9 ·
Go MRED !

I wonder if anyone has reported that seller to eBay.

OK, I can see the guy making a bunch of brackets (probably doing it at work anyway) and selling them for 20 bucks. Maybe 25 tops. But 70? Give me a break. And he knows what he is doing with his deceptive ad. Notice no pic of the actual item is posted?

Someone should email him and say, "Can you add a pic of the actual item?" And see what he says.

You know, if the guy was just honest, and just posted a pic of the bracket, and priced it at 20 bucks, he'd probably sell a shitload of those.

-Flash

#11 ·
Originally posted by mred

Straight from the horses mouth...

It's the bracket that holds the plate and signals. The stock painted undertail is as nice as any on the market and doesn't need to be replaced.
Thanks CHAD

So I guess it's safe to say, $70 for a laser cut piece of angled aluminum...
exactly...axce36m3 from the board made some of these. he bought all of the materials at home depot. it is just a custom cut piece of steel mounting bracket attached directly to the factory undertail. definitely not worth $70; alex made one for me and mr. speed for $10/each.

#12 ·
Damn I feel like a reporter...lol. But did you like the whole description? "This bracket was designed on cad to flow with the existing lines of the bike..." I design offshore platforms and work on CAD all day long. "To flow with the existing lines..." Give me a break!!!

I agree with Flash. $20 would be justifiable. It's ok to make something (no matter how simple) and turn a profit. Unless I'm missing something, this is just wrong...Did anyone notice if he had a full refund policy? I bet when some people get this item in the mail they say I got [:M43]...

#13 ·
Originally posted by silverzx6r

exactly...axce36m3 from the board made some of these. he bought all of the materials at home depot. it is just a custom cut piece of steel mounting bracket attached directly to the factory undertail. definitely not worth $70; alex made one for me and mr. speed for $10/each.
You think Alex would make me one? I'd be happy to pay for postage and however much the materials cost. :D

#14 ·
You could always opt for the "Texas Tuck"...I forgot the name of the guy that did it but I am posting pics tomorrow or some other mods and will include that one as well if your interested...

#15 ·
Originally posted by daikon38

Originally posted by silverzx6r

You think Alex would make me one? I'd be happy to pay for postage and however much the materials cost. :D
i'll ask him next time i see him

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.