Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the basic's:

2005 Kawi 636 with a K&N and Power Commander 3 USB only.

So now that I've installed the stock exhaust back onto the 636 I have to re-map my power commander. In doing so last night was a challenge to say the least, I've never worked on my power commander or the software.

ATTEMPT 1:

So I began by re-mapping the bike to 218-001 (Stock Bike Map) and it ran like crap, bogging out at 5,000 RPM, it felt like it was under water.

ATTEMPT 2:

I re-mapped the bike to 218-002 (Stock bike with T.B. slip-on) which was what the map it was at when I started. The bike felt smooth(er) than the previous 218-001 map, but it still started loosing power at the higher rev's.

Now I'm at a stand still and I'm not sure what to do next. Any sugguestions?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would unhook the whole pc and then restart it and let it idle a little. Let it run off the stock ecu. If it still runs like crap. I don't know what to tell you. maybe you unhooked a vacum hose somewhere or something.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think its possible that I unhooked a vacume hose, all I did was touch the Power Commander CPU modual itself. (By touching I mean plug the cable from the modual to my computer)

Does anyone have a custom map for a stock bike that I could try? The one off of the power commander website doesn't work to well and I don't know why.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
YOu could try a PC3 'master' reset.

Go into power commander settings and press cntrl-r I think and that will pop up a reset option to reset the PC3 to factory defaults.

·
Registered
871 Posts
If you are running the stock exhaust you should just take the PC3 off. It will run better without it. I had an Akra slip-on/K&N/PC3 then took off the Akra and liked the quietness of stock. Tried the bike with various maps and only 1 was OK to me. Then I removed the PC3 and it was better, especially at the low-end.

Also, you might want to double check your trottle settings in the PC3 when you have it hooked up to a computer. Maybe your settings are way off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Originally posted by WHOA636
If you are running the stock exhaust you should just take the PC3 off. It will run better without it. I had an Akra slip-on/K&N/PC3 then took off the Akra and liked the quietness of stock. Tried the bike with various maps and only 1 was OK to me. Then I removed the PC3 and it was better, especially at the low-end.

Also, you might want to double check your trottle settings in the PC3 when you have it hooked up to a computer. Maybe your settings are way off.
That's weird 'cause mine ran better with the pc3 and stock exhaust. Very smooth and crisp throttle response, absolutely no lag in the throttle. I believe I ran with "stock 636" map not the "zero" map mind you.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't know if you did the jumper mod or not but, I would think that if you did, it would make sense to pull a map from the european zx6r list on the dynojet site. I have found most of the maps on their site make the bike run extremely rich in the upper RPM range and have actually leaned it out in mid to high rpm settings and throttle response is better and picked up 3 mph in the 1/4. I do a lot of tuning between runs at the track w/ the three buttons on the PC3 itself to fine tune out any rough spots. Obviously a custom map will be your best bet but, if you are not done w/ the engine mods then it doesn't make the most sense.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Originally posted by Hawk

That's weird 'cause mine ran better with the pc3 and stock exhaust. Very smooth and crisp throttle response, absolutely no lag in the throttle. I believe I ran with "stock 636" map not the "zero" map mind you.
[:Dumbass]

My shit felt way smoother throughout the PB and the zero map does nothing unless your custom tuning..

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't do the wire jump mod. Without my exhaust I'm only running a K&N Filter and the Power Commander. The exhuast weld snapped on my Scorpion Exhaust (I have no idea how) so I was forced to put the stock exhaust back on. I like the quiteness of the stock, and until I buy the Akropovic I'm content with the stock exhaust. (Gives my ears a break from all the noise.)

I just wish the thing would run like it should.:(

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Did you try disconnecting the PC3 and see if the bike runs better?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by WHOA636
If you are running the stock exhaust you should just take the PC3 off. It will run better without it.
Dude you are smoking fucking crack. The pc running the stock map with a stock bike is the way to go if your looking for crisper throttle responce and over all a better running bike. A PC is the 1st mod anyone should get if proformance is what your looking for.

Dont listen to people that dont know what they are talking about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.