Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK as alot of people have been looking into rearsets and the arata & sato's being the Big Boys of the one out out there here is my take on the 2.seeing as both cost about the same $420-450
Satos-Top notch all around, light yet strong, perfect finish,makes shifting so much better, more positive engagement, adjustable in every way, shift knob as well. has a longer gear shift and brake knob which is nice, BUT it is not rubber..shift rod is black and better qaulity though

Arata's-Same top notch quality,perfect finish, same with all the above, BUT the shift knobs are a little shorter, They are rubbber over metal, making better grip on the boot. the shift rod is silver which doesnt match it is solid but not as solid as the satos, only complaint

Personally i prefer the arata's, but if you need parts may take a few days more to get them, where as sato's someone will have a replacement no worries. also i have crashed with the arata's and had minimal damage (very happy) have not been down with satos though for referrence.

Here are a few pics

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Nice review. I can't wait till christmas. Rear sets are on my list :D Still can't decide though which ones I want. I'm leaning towards the Arata's because of the rubber.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
on the satos. it lookl like you can unscrew the shift knob. can you do this?

·
Registered
763 Posts
i was debating the sato's vs arata's for a few weeks and ended up deciding on the arata's due to their smaller and better looking heal gaurds and the fact that they seem to match the black frame a bit better (can you give feedback on that... how both of them match up to the frame as far as the color goes)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i was going to get the sato's but i think now ill get the arata when i get the money

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as for color yes the arata's match the frame better, as originally the satos were mainly Rc51 stuff (which is what i have them on)
yes you can take off the shifter pegs, as afar as replacing them with something else like the aratas i am not so sure on.

Yeah on the brake light switch for the rear, there is no provision that i am aware of for the bike, i didnt get one with mine when i purchased them a while back..maybe now????

But this winter i will make one with some left over titanium i will have after i shorten my RC51 exhaust cans. should be sweet

·
Registered
285 Posts
When you purchase the sato rear sets..there are 2 part numbers...the race set doesn't come with the rear brake light switch...the street set-up comes with it. I ordered my set from : www.hardracing.com ..with the optional rear brake switch...i think it was like 16 bucks for the rear brake switch.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Originally posted by jpaul310
where can i get arata rearsets for cheap?
Advanced Kawasaki on this board will give you the cheapest price you can find... i just ordered mine from them.

check the main forum and they have their own section. PM him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.