Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

For the BOOSTERS.

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  aussie_636 
#1 ·
I am boosting and currently have a PC3 on my 05 636. My question is will i need an ignition module or a logger. I will be spending some time at the dyno... what kinda cost should i be looking at for dyno time.

I will be putting pics up soon of the build

#2 ·
you probably won't need a logger if you get a good dyno tune. The cost could be 200-300 but make sure the dyno opperator can tune turbos. If you keep your boost to about 6 psi you shouldn't need a ignition module. You will need more fuel than the stock fuel system setup.

#3 ·
I am keeping the stock fuel system. Using primary and secondary injectors. I will need a return but i am told that the stock fuel pump is 100 psi max but is restricted to 44 psi. I have taken the restrictor out but have not had a chance to test the psi. I am adding a FMU with a 1:1 fuel pressure to boost.

I am thinking to get the kit tuned at 6 psi and work up from there like you said logger and ignition module

#6 ·
what fuel pressure are you going to run? you will want something better then a 1:1 if you are just gona run stock system. i just run 6psi, i was leaning out at like 12000rpm with my injectors set to 4bar and 1:1 reg and adding 60% more fuel with the pc3. but that was with no secondary injectors...you might get away with it....i welded a fitting onto the fuel pump housing for my feed(external pump) and used the standard feed for the return, the stock pump might be able to flow 100psi under no load but might not be able to keep that pressure up at higher revs.....you dont want it to lean out up high, could be expensive....

post up some pics

#8 ·
Be careful with focusing on the pounds per square inch (psi), your system need fuel flow/ gallons per hour (gph). Fuel is like electricity, liquid, ect. All we are seeing from (psi) is resistance to flow, your engine uses the amount of fuel entering the engine, not the pressure. Flow your injectors and that will answer your lean conditions in the upper RPM range.

#9 ·
yeah that was with stock injectors and with no secondaries, i got zx10s in now so shouldnt lean out(when i say lean out i meant it was goin into the high 13s so i would back off, not lean as such but leaner then i would like to push it)....the bike shop reckoned i could run upto 12 psi on the stock injectors but i thought he must be dreaming...maybe if you bumped the pressure right up and ran a big ratio rising rate reg it might be ok

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.