Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

For the ever contiuning oil debate..

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Brucelee 
#1 ·
hers a few sites that spell everything out, make your own conclusions...

heres a few quotes..

myth
You should break in your engine with conventional oil, then switch to synthetic.
You can start using synthetic in new vehicles at any time, even in brand-new vehicles. In fact, Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ is original equipment (it is installed at the factory) in:

Chevrolet Corvette
All Porsche vehicles
Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles
Dodge Viper
Ford Mustang Cobra R
All Aston Martin cars

One of the myths that persists about Mobil 1 is that new engines require a break-in period with conventional oil. Current engine manufacturing technology does not require this break-in period. As indicated by the decisions of the engineers who design these high-performance cars, Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ can be used in an engine from the day you drive the car off the showroom floor.

heres the web site..

http://www.mobil1.com/index.jsp

heres more..

http://www.superiorlubricants.com/faq.html

http://www.cpinternet.com/~ennyman/tenmyths.html

and heres something on oil filters...
http://www.twocreeks.net/toby/oil_filters.shtml

so ive read almost all of those websites and read everything on this site from everyone and concluded that the average joe dont know shit. If your a mechanic then ok but most of us arent mechanics.
yes the mfg. websites are trying to sell a product but what they are saying is what i've known all along.
synth is ok to run in your motor WHENEVER you want to be it 2 miles or 2000..
yes people have there own ideas on what works due to experience's theve had but that dont mean its gonna happen to you.
Ive used synthetic in all my cars and bikes with out a problem ever..
I've broken in race motors with synthetic with no problems ever..
so my suggestion is to draw your own conclusion after reading the facts.

topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2537
read this tread where everyone offers there own idea on what oils do, now i dont mean to be harsh but there have been 300 topics on this and i hope this is the last...

See less See more
#3 ·
it would be interesting to see a coiuple of bikes "broken in" on dino oil and some bikes "broken in" on synth, and then dynoed to see if it effects HP ratings...

personally I'm a big believer in the "better safe then sorry" philosophy and choose to run dino oil for the break in atleast.

but like I stated in the engine "break in" thread a few days ago, basically all this goes to show is that when it comes right down to it, the average joe really can't fuck up an engine break-in nowadays....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

#4 ·
Wow! Syn oil in:

Chevrolet Corvette
All Porsche vehicles
Dodge Viper
Ford Mustang Cobra R
All Aston Martin cars

From the factory! Amazing. Less than 20 cars of the thousands of different kinds a year have syn oil in them. Not all engines are designed and engineered the same way too. Notice the price tag on those? If I pay $55k to $400k for a car it better not come with a break in period!

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

#5 ·
Oh yeah, one more thing, another reason why syn is becoming popular in new vehicles is because many manufactors are switching to 5w-20 for EPA/CAFE reasons.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

#6 ·
im sure syn come standard in more cars that was just what mobile1 posted and of course they are gonna post the cars that are higher priced so everyone feels like they have a porshe when they put it in or at least there car is getting the same quality that the porche is... of course not all engines are the same but the basic principals of a internal combustion engine havent changed since its conception...

#8 ·
You can start using synthetic in new vehicles at any time, even in brand-new vehicles. In fact, Mobil 1 with SuperSyn™ is original equipment (it is installed at the factory) in:

Chevrolet Corvette
All Porsche vehicles
Dodge Viper
Ford Mustang Cobra R
All Aston Martin cars
YES, but none of these cars rev to 14.5k rpm. When sealing rings at high rpm conventional oil sticks better. Syn oil is too viscous. Once the rings are sealed syn oil is better for all of the reasons that syn oil is better - period.

#10 ·
You guys that race say you use synthetic oil right? Well' I went to the track today and They asked me what oil I have in their. I said mobil one. So they said I couldnt race today. Fully sythetic oil is not allowed on the track. They said because Its too slippery and too hard to clean up in crashes. After some negotiating I was allowed to go take it on the track though. But I never knew this. It's not the same for you guys??? Or do you guys just lie and say its semi.

Thank God for Guardian Angels... Especially This One!

#11 ·
lets see, I am selling exotic performance autos and I want the best oil money can buy to make sure my 100K auto runs well for my piss ant customers.

Well I use Mobil one because, it is simply the best.

Hello, anyone listening?

Brucelee
2002 6R Chrome Yellow

"It is the art of fighting, without fighting!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.