Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you guys that have ditched the 'fender eliminator' idea and tucked your license plate underneath the tail, do you have lights hooked up to illuminate it?

I remember reading somewhere that some had, and some didn't, but there were no particulars. I'm sure that where I am (Vancouver), it is mandatory that license plates be illuminated. I'm just wondering if you have, what did you use to illuminate it, and how did you wire? What did you wire into, and how did you ensure that the lights would illuminate when you turned the ignition on?

This is something that I would like to work on over the break (winter), but if it doesn't take long, I'm gonna do it when I mount my highmount (should get it Friday).

Thanks,

Simpson

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Good post! I have the "Texas" tuck since I live here[8D], and it is required to illuminate the plate. Mine however is not at the time, but will be when I get a chance. Looking forward to the responses/write-ups...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey Samps, I tucked the plate on my 01 with absolutely no troubles from "the law".

In the following pic I've circled with red the little white light I have illuminating the plate (as it is the law around here). I found it at Canadian Tire (but any local auto parts store should do) and it was less than $5.oo. It's wired in with the tail light's running light so the plate light is on anytime the tail light is. (Very simple!!)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the post BSHAP, I just found some license plate bolts that have built in lights in them. Mred, I am in the midst of working on something for the 03's. If it works out, it will be very slick, and the license plate will be lit up as well. Using the stock license plate bracket, two L-brackets, and the bolts with the built in lights I found (DEI?). I will post when I get the mod done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.