Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got myself a little tube of something called semi-chrome. This shit is amazing. It comes in a toothpaste size tube and you use it very sparringly. It makes mothers look pathetic. The end result is an incredible chrome like mirror finish on your polished parts as well as a protective coating. I've only used it on my wheels and since it's snowing outside right now I'll go finish up my frame. once it's done I'll put up pics.

·
Registered
57 Posts
where'd you get the semi-chrome from and how much does it cost?

You keep campaining for that ass-whooping you might get elected

·
Registered
316 Posts
I might consider starting to polish my swingarm. A big undertaking that I am not looking forward to. I found a site that had it, but for some reason, it didn't work. The one that I found was SIMI Chrome. Don't know if it is the same, but if you type it in on yahoo, you will get a bunch of hits for it.

-Cops want a hot pursuit, so entertain them! -Shadee

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
go to most any motorcycle shop.. especially any harley shop.. it comes in a little toothpaste size red tube. It's called Semi Chrome and I paid $6.95 for it.

as for polishing your swing arm. Easiest part of the bike to polish. Everything is smooth. Took me no time. no sanding at all needed.. just take the can off your exhaust, your chain guard and move your rear brake out of the way. Don't need to take anything else apart. Use aircraft stripper liberally and then remove the paint with steel wool #1. progress down to #000 steel wool.. it'll take you a day.. 4 hours tops. The wheels are a bit tougher.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.