Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you riding your 05/06 zx6r on Pilot Powers, what size front tire did you choose? Did you stay with the 120/65/17 or switch to a 120/70/17.

I want a good sticky tireThe Pilot Powers seem to be one of the only set of tires that I could find that make the odd 120/65/17 tire that come on the front of our bikes.

For those of you that did switch to the 120/70/17 did you adjust your front suspension accordingly?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I can't wait till I burn through my pirelli diablo regulars. There good tires but the tire just seems very skinny for some reason as if it wasn't a 180 size. I don't know why.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I chose the Metzeler M3's and got them put on last week. I haven't ridden on powers so I can't compare the two, but these things stuck like glue right after installation! I got the front and rear set for $215 shipped, 70 front/180 rear. I'm not gonna switch from Metz, these are amazing tires.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The Titanium I unfortunately totalled last month had Powers on it. I couldn't get my hands on a 65 front. Didn't notice a big diff going from 65 to 70. I loved those tires. I replaced my bike at the beginning of this month with another 2005 636 - green - and it came with Diablos. Don't like them at all. They really lack feel compared to both the Power and the 014 stock tire. The rear seems fine, but I don't like the front feel, or lack there of.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Im with Hokie Ive had the M3's for bout 2000 miles already and love them. They are wearing very well and have tons of grip and great feedback. I did get the 65 though.

·
Registered
857 Posts
70 it's much better for turn ins i liek the fel alot better altho it gets squirrly under fast accel easier...

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
I went from 65 to the 70 on the front with no problems as far as fit. Bike handles great and i feel just a little more confident with a greater contact patch the 70 gives.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.