Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to know one thing. I wend down one tooth in the front, and the bike still will not wheelie in 2nd gear with just gas. I was curious to know if the bike will wheelie in 2nd gear WITH JUST GAS, if i went up 2 in the rear.

Thanks

·
Registered
182 Posts
You cant, I wiegh 205 and i went down one in the front and 2 in the back, and i get the bike up to 5500 rpm in first around 10 miles an hour then hit it, goes up no problem if you go on it hard you can keep the bike up in 2nd but you have to be hard on the gas. I strongly recommend you go up in the back. Let me know what happens.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Mikey - What changes did you notice with just going down 1 tooth in the front? I am more racer than stunter but would like to have more wheelie action w/o giving up any top end or driveability. I understand that your mod is just the thing for someone like me. Any regrets other than not being able to wheelie in 2nd w/gas only?

"It's not the size of the Gun but the caliber of the Bullet that makes the biggest hole!" -SDF

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey,

I noticed that the bike has alot more torque and pull down low. I havent really noticed any top end loss, then again im not always going 130mph all the time. Going down one tooth in the front will make wheelies easier to pull in 1st gear. 2nd gear you can do them if you bounce the bike. I can clutch it up about a foot in 2nd gear, but i dont really like doing that. So basically you will notice more low end power. Also, the bike sorta tachs out quicker than it normally would...not a HUGE deal, but you may be in 3rd gear, when normally with stock gearing you would be in 2nd still. Its not a huge deal to me. I think instead of wasting the money on going up 2 in the rear, i will just try to switch into 2nd gear while the wheel is up in 1st. I can ride out 1st gear wheelies to redline. I have the 1st gear wheelie mastered to a T.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.