Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Never seen them converted to street legal like that but there is a class of racing called mini moto. They run the smaller displacement bikes and the CRF-150F seems to be pretty popular from what I hear.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
I have a street legal OGM SX 140 with street tyres on it. It's pretty cool, trying to get up to speed on it cuz the principles on little bikes transpose to big bikes.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Cool I have see a good amount of bikes street legal that shouldn't been. I use too have gasgas trials bike that was titled and street legal big problem was finding someone that would inspect it.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Cool I have see a good amount of bikes street legal that shouldn't been. I use too have gasgas trials bike that was titled and street legal big problem was finding someone that would inspect it.
I had a Gas Gas 450SM and it was a freakin blast on the streets. Luckily I have a friend that is a mechanic certified to do inspections in NV so it worked out in my favor getting mine street legal.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
A buddy of mine, who is a cop, has a 1972 Honda Z50, with a headlight, tail light, and plate. It's old enough it doesn't need turn signals. I got stopped by a park ranger on it one time at a camp ground, he said "Those aren't allowed here". I pointed out that its a street legal motorcycle, and if he would prefer I could get my other, significantly louder, motorcycle off the trailer, and I could use that to run around camp. He let me run the 50 :D

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
nice looks like fun

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yea only problem was a 98 and two stroke a lot of shops around here new they did not allow two strokes in the states that were street legal.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
I run "mini-gp" with a cr80 on 17" wheels/slicks....they have classes for the 50's, 65's and up....you ride at kart tracks and track time is silly cheap. The local group even has a "handicap" class for "big guys"...as in 200+....its pretty funny to see a klx110 pulling a 2nd gear wheelie with a guy on it that goes 240 without gear on...

I have seen guys selling CRF150R's that they claim are street legal and titled...but never a 50...?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
In Oregon you can plate it if it's over 49cc's OR has a multi-speed transmission. Yeah, you might get pulled over on a regular basis and have to explain, but you can make a 50 street legal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts