Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas, here it is. A local suggested that we hit the beginning of 149 on the way up so here is what I propose to get the maximum "good riding" in that we can.

The original time to meet up was 10:00. Let's change it to 9:00 for all riders. Brendon, I know that we were going to meet you farther up north, but let's get everyone to meet at a central location so we can ride all of 149. We will end up farther North (where you live), then the rest of us can back track from there to head back to town.

Meeting place: Greenspoint mall parking lot. It's on the feeder, and it's plainly visible for all. We can meet at the back of the parking lot (near an entrance) since it's on the feeder. We can hit a gas station from there if need be.

Time: 9:00 a.m. Sunday 26th. If anyone has a better plan, post up. We will hit the beltway to 249, take 149 to Montgomery County.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
greespoint mall, is that by 610 or 45? and how are we ging to ride on the toll way, i dont hae a ez tag so ill have to stop and pay.

either way, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Art, it's on the corner of the Belt and 45 north. When you get close to 45, take the feeder to 45 north as not to miss the entrance to the parking lot off of the feeder. If Mo doesn't know exactly how to get there, I can meet up with you all near the belt and 59 and we can head over from there. It's not that far out of the way.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
if its the mall on 45 and the belt i know how to get there. we can take 59 to 45, the meet with brendon.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brendon needs to meet us at the mall. We will need to back track and take the belt to 249 to hit the beginning of 149. Read above post.

·
Registered
631 Posts
damn MRED I'm in vegas that week.........maybe a couple of us can come down by where you live and cruse some good roads down there.

·
Registered
349 Posts
yeah, I know where Gunspoint mall is... i too do not have a EZ tag so I have to pay the toll attendant. we have to keep an eye out on the weather. According to the news tonight and weather.com, there is a 50% chance of showers that sat and sun. damnit...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Oh yeah, what route are we taking. ok... what is 249? i have heard of it but the north part of houston is skecthy to me. ok... 249 to 149 (running parallel to 45N), then to Willis? After that what then? there are 2 choices... 1) keep going north and hit 150W and hit Shepard and head back down on 59S. 2) before we hit 150, go west on 1750 and hit Cleveland then 59S. look at a map... :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn Daniel, I forgot you were on the north side as well. We will get together again. The bad thing is, there's no good roads on the south side, unless you go to Galveston and that's a straight shot.

We do need to watch the weather. This totally sucks but the weather will probably change for the better[8D].

Mo, we are going to take 249 to 149 all the way up north to Montgomery where we were originally going. We are just going to start at the beginning of 149, not the middle.

Here's my cell number again if anyone needs it (713)203-0689.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Alrighty.....Greenspoint mall parking lot on 45 north at 0900. I will be there. I dont have an ez tag either. 249 isnt that far, and there are only a few red lights before 249. So we dont have to actually get on the toll road. [:M121] lets cruise.

BC

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool. I just checked Accuweather and there is a possiblity of scattered showers for Sunday. It looks like it's changing everyday so I think we will be ok. :D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yeah, the day might look nice but i would prepare to stop and buy a poncho in case we are caught in the rain.

·
Registered
349 Posts
we just have to wait till Sunday gets closer. I personally hate riding in the rain... but that is just me. [V]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate riding in the rain too, but it's only going to be spotted if that. Houston....We are go for launch!. See everyone there! I'll be out tomorrow (playing golf), so if anyone needs to get a hold of me for some reason, call my cell (# posted above).

Ed

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i never go out riding in the rain, never hurts to be prepared.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks like most of the rain is coming Sat. As of this morning, Sun. rain was reduced to 30%. It's going to be nice and cool out. Oh yeaaaaaaaaa!:D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
see yall at greenspoint at 9 am.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
wohoo! its clearing already today(saturday)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.