Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't resist, I went Suzuki. '02 Suzuki GSXR750, 2400 km, $7500 CAD (about $5000 USD), rashed up left side fairing.

Now I have two bikes in the garage :D The '00 ZX6R will be a track bike/GF bike.

Observations:

The GSXR750 feels as light as a 600/is flickable

The 750 is like a wheezy 600 below 10K RPM. At 8K RPM she starts going, 10K RPM it pull shard to 14K RPM. It's like a 600cc bike with an extra turbo button for 4K RPM (+20 HP, it's about 120 rwhp).

The fit and finish is not as nice as my buds' Hondas and Yamahas. But it is nice.

The fuel injection is good, but not as smooth in power delivery as the '00 ZX6R's carbs (have been dialed in). At speed, not noticeable, but in town it's sort of on/off.

Light front end, glad for the OEM built-in steering damper.

Less fuel mileage than the ZX6R.

Less comfy, but it came with aftermarket racing rear sets, so my legs are pretty cramped, lotta weight on the wrists. About 1.5-2 hours most and I need a break.

Suprisingly big trunk.

Able chassis, can get down and scrape it easy in the right corners.

Wants to wheelie in 2nd on throttle alone, unintentiaonally (I weigh 175).

Brakes are NOT as good as the ZX6Rs IMHO (I have better pads and stainless lines on the ZX6R, OEM stuff for now on the 750).

Engine braking in 1st-3rd is a BIATCH stock. Did the TRE mod, much better, bike no longer feels like a bucking bronco when engine braking (Zook pulls back some timing in 1st 3 gears OEM, TRE mod gets rid of this, supposedly more power, etc).

Stock windscreen is a joke. Does nothing, need double bubble ASAP.

Feels less stable at high speeds (200 kmh plus, around 120+ mph) than the ZX6R (!!!!).

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
what would you say is a better bike, the GSXR750 or the ZX7R? I am looking at buying a big(er) bore bike then my 02 ZX6R, and I was considering both of these bikes. Or maybe I should just go all the way and buy a 1000?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
The Gixxer is a MUCH better bike than the 7RR Kawi. Sad, but true, and not much of a secret. It has advanced LONG after the 7RR started standing still.

The 750 is likely a better all-around bike than the 1000's for anyone short of Matt Mladin, and Suzuki has completely redone it in 2004.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want to get more HP and like to do 150 mph+ roll ons, get the Gixx1K. Everything else, get the Gixx750. Unless you're a racing/track demi-gawd, the 750 will be faster on most/short tracks. At Cayuga/most of the Shannonville track configurations I'm faster on the GSXR750 than my friend on a GSXR1000.

He does eat me up at Mosport, shrug. Get what ya want. I'd say the 750 is better for most and one can actually ride it full out without killing one's self/ but the 1K has the pose value.

And yes, the GSXR750 is > 7R. It's just more power/lighter. The 7R is classic beauty looks wise though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
All this talk about gixxers makes me feel a little better to make my confession that I too bought a 02 Gixxer 600 about 2 months ago[8)]. HOLD ON guys & gals, I have a good excuse though,(other than the fact that I love the bike,) My nephew's wife was making him sell it 'cause they were looking to buy a house. I could not pass it up for only 4500bucks with 4500 miles... I am letting my younger brother keep my 96 ZX6R which is a mistake. He's just not taking care of it like I used too.... But I gotta say though in a year or two, my next bike will be the ZX10R when it finally comes out... See I'm not completely a sell out!:) GO GREEN:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.