Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone has had an incident where these fork sliders actually came in handy. just wondering if they are worth purchasing.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I have seen crashed bikes with no fork sliders, and the forks are never grinded down. My bike has them, but only because the previous owner put them on. People acutally think they are for tricks, like Pogo Pegs on bicycles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just bought mine. Just think of it as insurance - pay little upfront, or risk paying more later if something happens.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
I've seen my friends ohlins forks grind because it slid and shit the edge of the track, same thing with the swing arm, i have some on my bike.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
My friend with a gixxer has them on his bike.. seems cool but I was actually looking into the clutch sliders. Have u guys seem them? My friend has it on his R1.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have them on my track bike. I saw them on the school bikes at California Superbike School and bought a set. From what I saw it depends on how you crash for them to be effective. Some fork sliders on the school bikes were mangled so they must help somewhat.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by S4one
My friend with a gixxer has them on his bike.. seems cool but I was actually looking into the clutch sliders. Have u guys seem them? My friend has it on his R1.
Clutch sliders are mainly used for Yamaha bikes due to their cable orientation, its one of the first thing to break

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.