Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you people get fouled plugs often on your 636? Ive had mine for a month and a half, and ive fouled number 4 twice. The first time they said was because i gave it gas to start it when it was cold (understandable). Today, again when it was cold, it happened again, but i didnt give it any gas at all, and it was no. 4 again.

Any possibility that something could actually be wrong with my bike (if so what?), or are they just THAT sensitive to cold. I think its rediculous that i could be fouling plugs this easily. Not to mention that i burned out my exhaust can due to the fuel flowing through the cat. The thing is gold now instead of stainless (thank god i have a spare).

BTW, its not very cold here, im in texas. Cold means 40 deg.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Could be a bad injector that's leaking a small amount of fuel all the time.
Only way to find out for sure is to remove the injector rail, and pressurize it, and see if the tip of #4 is wet.

BC.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Originally posted by ange062
I think its rediculous that i could be fouling plugs this easily. Not to mention that i burned out my exhaust can due to the fuel flowing through the cat. The thing is gold now instead of stainless (thank god i have a spare).
The color change is quite normal and will also happen to a new can.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know that the color change is normal, but not this kind of color change. By the time i got to my shop to clean the plugs, the exhaust pipe was glowing orange if you looked into it from the back.

The injector theory sounds disturbing, the second i pulled number 4 i knew it was the one because it had so much residue on it. I will bring it in this week to my local kawasaki dealer for some warranty work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.