Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all. Has anyone or does anyone know of a color I can use to touch up my frame? My bike has a some serious track miles on it but I am turning it back into a street bike. I hate polished/chrome frames. I just want to touch up the factory silver paint that's on it now. If anyone has done this to theirs or knows for sure of a good color match please let me know. My plans is to sand down the sections that have gotten scuffed and re-spray them.
Thanks,
-Tom

·
Registered
37 Posts
^ X2!!! I've been wondering the same thing. My bike has some touch up paint on the frame, not a large section but it bugs me seeing that its a little brighter than the OEM paint.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Take it to a automotive paint supply store and ask them to use the "prophet" to take a pic of the color. (Machine dwarrick is referring to)
As long as they can set the prophet on flat area (which they can) you should be good.
They'll take 3 pics with the prophet machine and come up with a paint code.
If they tell you they need 24hrs to match it, tell them the prophet code will be fine. 9 times out of 10 it matches great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about Powdercoating it black? i know its alot more work but it would look awesome!
I'd love to do that actually but I don't want to take the whole bike apart. If I stay with the factory color I can just mask it, prep it and paint it. But you're right, powder coating it would look awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.